Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I had enough of my 12.5" DX springs on the AW so I put me some 11.5" progressives on her tonight. I havent gotten to the forks yet, but I have the kit sitting in my room waiting to go in. I will probably let one of the local HD guys knock it out for me at his shop. For under $100 its a small price to pay not to have to mess with it. Hopefully he can do the forks by this weekend, and I get do a photoshoot and have some pictures to show everyone! I will say this, it tucks the tire way into the rear fender, I LOVE IT! It is exactly the stance I am looking for.:notworth:

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
I'm sure it will look great but the trade off in handling makes it a non starter for me. Air Ride shocks that can be raised and lowered are the best of both worlds IMHO.

Then again, you have an R1 for play time so it makes sense.

·
Wore Out Woodworker
1,620 Posts
:worthless

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
VenomousSVT said:
Well I had enough of my 12.5" DX springs on the AW so I put me some 11.5" progressives on her tonight. I havent gotten to the forks yet, but I have the kit sitting in my room waiting to go in. I will probably let one of the local HD guys knock it out for me at his shop. For under $100 its a small price to pay not to have to mess with it. Hopefully he can do the forks by this weekend, and I get do a photoshoot and have some pictures to show everyone! I will say this, it tucks the tire way into the rear fender, I LOVE IT! It is exactly the stance I am looking for.:notworth:
WAIT TILL YOU GO OVER A SPEED BUMP:deal: !

·
Premium Member
Pan American Son of VROD :-)
1,093 Posts
Kaz - Luv the avatar!

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Super Kaz said:
WAIT TILL YOU GO OVER A SPEED BUMP:deal: !
trust me, i am very used to sitting on the ground. I can barely put the toe of my shoe under the nose of my cobra and I daily drove it that way for 4 years! I am so used to stuff being lowered it wont be an issue for me at all..these are actually a temp solution to satisfy my need for a low mean looking bike.

Next year I will be going some ohlins shocks, or maybe even some air rides shocks. I just got a smoking deal on these shipped so I figured if I used them a year and GAVE them away I would still come out alright

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well, it is very overcast today so my pics will look horrible, plus with the front end at stock height for the next 2 days, until I can rip them apart this weekend, it doesnt look near as good. But if it will make you guys happy I will snap off a few at the house tonight..LOL

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Just slip the tubes up in the trees until you get the springs installed. Instant lowering......

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mjw930 said:
Just slip the tubes up in the trees until you get the springs installed. Instant lowering......
well i thought about that last night but I am taking it by today and letting a guy look at it and see if he want sto do it, or if he can do it soon. If he can do it friday or saturday I am not gonna mess with it. If he cant, I am just gonna do it tomorrow night anyways, so I wont have to roll on it long with the nose in the air..LOL

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hamletexpress said:
Sorry, I thought I was going to learn a new way to roll some weed. :hidesbeh:
you'll find stuff like that on offtopic :D

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
VrodG said:
I got new front springs put in mine last Friday. :)
did you make it out to macs last night?

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well i have not gotten around to lowering the front with my springs yet, but I dropped the forks in the tripple tree for a day or so, at least so I can ride tomorrow. The bike really does handle like shit with the ass aquatty and the front end in the air! It does look 10x better with the forks raised though. I sat the tripple tree down about 1.5" on the forks and it totally changed the look of the bike. cant wait to get my forks done right!

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
1 - 17 of 17 Posts