Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well I took a few pictures with the shocks on today. I didnt get the chance to install my fork springs so I temporarily dropped the foriks in the triple trees for a few days to get me by.

I also painted the silver plastic on the headlight black, which I think really improved the look of the light

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i drove 2 hours yesterday to to pick up a blacked out B riser for it so I could have some realy drag bars... I get the the dealer, open the box and the paint is chipped off the corners bad. Looks like whoever boxed it up dropped the hell out of it. I would have liked to have it installed for the pics, but it looks like its gonna be abother week before i can get one now.

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
headlight before

headlight after

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
VERY NICE !!! Great looking bike, how does it handle now ??

·
VRSCD's Rule!
4,160 Posts
Looks great, Travis. How does it handle? Did you go to 11.5 shocks?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Does NC not require turn signals?

Looks dope. How much of a drop do those springs make?

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i did go with the 11.5" progressives. I think the bike handles just fine. Other than the ground clearance being a lot less there havent been any negatives to handling that i have noticed.

the 11.5" shocks lower the bike right at 2" and gives it a great look. I am right at 200 lbs so if I hit a HUGE dip in the road it has barely scuffed the inner fender but nothing to stress over.

as far as ride quality, the progressives ARE definitely a lot better ride over the stock shocks.

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
looking killer buddy!

Dan

·
SpeedoDocter
2,364 Posts
Killer low look,Venom

That blackt-out bucket makes a huge difference. :thumb:

·
Registered
627 Posts
Looks great! I just lowered mine on stock cut shocks. Do you have a part number for the progressives that you used? I think I want to upgrade now that I see I like the lowered stance.

Ride safe,
Tim

·
Registered
878 Posts
IROC-V said:
Does NC not require turn signals?

Looks dope. How much of a drop do those springs make?
ALL or NONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
they are a random set of progressive 412's that i found for sale cheap from MAWonline. I also got my fork springs from them on sale.

i can get you the exact number for the 412's if you want it, however they really are just the cheapest set of 11.5's they had listed for sale. Not even sure what bike they are listed for

1 - 19 of 19 Posts