Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probaly the nicest and most scenic ride I have ever did. About 260 miles from my house to monterey, went over to Cambria and went up the 1 about 90miles up to monterey and then came home the next day. A group of 6 of us, very diverse group, 4 harleys a victory and a Star (yamaha), ages 34 to 64, 2 Desert storm Vets and a vietnam vet.

Attachments

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
Awesome ride. Hywy 1 coastal views & weather is phenomenal. I've completed that route six times, and will be back for another dose asap. October through November is best.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Last Saturday I rode over from the Central Valley thru San Fran. and up to Mill Valley. Hiway 1 goes west from there to Stinson Beach. I went past St. Bch. to Bodega Bay and had lunch then returned south and took a road to Petaluma. I wish I'd gotten the name of that road because it's a great ride on a NR. DON"T take Sir Francis Drake Blvd. to San Rafael, it has not been resurfaced since about 1936 and it's rough as a cob. I've also taken Hiway 1 from Monterey to San Fran. If you do that be careful getting off the freeway north of Santa Cruz, the exit is a descending radius turn and I just about dropped my Deuce before I got through it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I rode down it last week, 101 and then 1 from Cresent City to Morro Rock, WOW what a ride. Too bad it was on a RoadGlide Ultra.
Are you now living in CA? I'm from Oakdale and I'd like to hook up with other V Rod/Night Rod owners for rides and info exchange.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Probaly the nicest and most scenic ride I have ever did. About 260 miles from my house to monterey, went over to Cambria and went up the 1 about 90miles up to monterey and then came home the next day. A group of 6 of us, very diverse group, 4 harleys a victory and a Star (yamaha), ages 34 to 64, 2 Desert storm Vets and a vietnam vet.
Sounds like you live in my area. I have an '03 and would like to join you all on a ride, sometime. Tom

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
Last Saturday I rode over from the Central Valley thru San Fran. and up to Mill Valley. Hiway 1 goes west from there to Stinson Beach. I went past St. Bch. to Bodega Bay and had lunch then returned south and took a road to Petaluma. I wish I'd gotten the name of that road because it's a great ride on a NR. DON"T take Sir Francis Drake Blvd. to San Rafael, it has not been resurfaced since about 1936 and it's rough as a cob. I've also taken Hiway 1 from Monterey to San Fran. If you do that be careful getting off the freeway north of Santa Cruz, the exit is a descending radius turn and I just about dropped my Deuce before I got through it.
Excellent ride report. My VR & I recently lived in those areas for 10 years....I'll be back on a rental.

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
I've completed all these Cali-roads , but not as a total loop trip. Maybe next year.
Take note of Malibu's clip-art icon....

Attachments

·
Asylum Inmate
1,117 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts