Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Riding around
7,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This pic was from 2 years ago when we were leaving for our month-long x-country trip.

http://www.1130cc.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=8161&catid=searchresults&searchid=21677

We are camping some this summer, so I've added 2 of these waterproof sidebags, which are new from aerostich and are absolutely fabulous:

http://www.aerostich.com/catalog/US/Aerostich-Waterproof-Side-Zip-Bags-p-16407.html

I have a large one that holds the tent rainfly (hubby has the tent and stakes in another large one on his bike) and is serving as my lumbar rest this year, and a medium one that is sitting in front of the big red bag on top of the barrels to hold extra clothes. They are supposed to be sidebags, but they are a bit narrower than the bikersfriend.com barrels and work perfectly latidunially rather than strapping them on top of my FPOS bags, which I need to get into regularly. This year, I have my sleeping bag, pillow, thermarest pad, and microfiber towel in the red bag (instead of clothes or whatever I had in it before), so it's really light and the main weight I'm carrying is in the barrels and therefore lower. I also managed to pack this year such that I only need to make 1 trip from the bike to the motel room -- yay!

Stuff I should mail home that I didn't need to bring? 4 tank tops, 2 prs of shorts, my frikking skort, and my mesh jacket - what was I thinking about the weather up here??? Stuff I shoulda brought? A washcloth and face towel, a clothesline and pins, a rain tarp for over the picnic table, and comfy camp sweat pants. I KNOW how to camp wet -- I just haven't had to do it since I left WA 14 years ago!

Annabelle, my sheepskin, continues to be the most versatile and usable joy of long rides. I brought her with me up to the passenger deck on the ferry tonight, where she served as a pillow for sleep as well as padding for my tired butt while I sat in the window and watched the whales frolick by. She's my sleeping pad for those 2:00 pm naps at roadside rest stops. Peter's smaller version kept him from killing us (and a goose family) from hypothermia the other night on our ill-fated ride to Tignish and back on PEI. yes, I know it's the skin of a dead sheep, but she didn't die in vain, I MUST say.

Who says you can't tour on a v-rod?

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
You go girl!
Now you need the bigger fuel tank (See Brently's 2nd round group buy) to keep up with HWMBO. And annabelle (or equivalent) is a must do. Its worth at least two hours additional saddle time.
I'm starting to get stuff together for Sturgis. I'll post pics when its loaded.

·
On Good Ol' Nbr7
7,267 Posts
Val,

Let us know how the new stuff works out....

HoldHard

1 - 3 of 3 Posts