Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Rocky Mountains Registry

8K views 190 replies 75 participants last post by  Convert 
High in the Rockies Guffey Colorado

Country roads, mountian roads, twisty roads, just about any roads and always dirt roads to get home again:):) From my old Panhead to a V-Rod, Wind in your hair and bugs in your teeth, what more could anyone ask?
Come explore beautiful Colorado, V-Rodney

Rocky Mountian V-Rodders to KC

Hey all you members of this area ! Who all is going to the homecoming rally in KC ? Do a search for "KC or Bust" for a thread on Colorado V-Rodders going and lets get together and make plans. for who is riding, who is driving, who needs a ride and all that jazz ! BE THERE. V-Rodney

May ride.

Hi Cindi, thats a ways off, but sounds great as I sit here watching the snow fly. I did get a ride in the day before Christmess and weekend before last was in the 60's and a couple hundred mile ride. But last Sunday I was chased by a snow storm and made it home just minutes before it caught up to me. BBBBRRRRRRRRR. C-mon spring !!! V-Rodney

Attachments

Drag Races in Colorado

:ride: Hey guy's and gal's, that sounds like FUN !!! And with the lack of races in Colorado, with all the track closures and all, we should try to attend this so we don't loose this track too !
I just got back from the AMA Superbike races in Tooele Utah and they were GREAT, but the build up of the track beforehand was quite a bit of exageration:chair: :bs: to put it mildley. Though it was a good track for the racers, it lacked any real elevation change, no real landscaping had been done, the only shade was in the grandstands and those were reserved seating on Sunday. Granted it was still "Under Construction", I don't see how it will ever really be very close to what they were claiming it is. :confused:
:wazzup:
But I did have a nice 609 mile ride out there (in one day) and we got a room in the town of Lehi, about 60 miles from the track and managed to get about 400 miles in just exploring routes to the track over the 3 days. Even went past the Kennicot Copper mine and down 2 miles of dirt/gravel jeep trail on the V-Rod, not just once, but twice!! Only saw 2 other V-Rods at the races, but never saw the owners.:hiding: So lets all make a showing at the Drags !!! V-Rodney :kaz:

V-RODDERS to Cripple Creek run !!

Hey all you Colorado members and everyone coming from out of state!!
Lets all get together to ride in this HUGE procession to the rally on Sat. And I have some routes planned to share with all of you through the surrounding mountain area. :hyper: :dance: Lets get an idea of who is planning on attending. This is the biggest M/C event in the state so lets not miss this chance to meet and have a good showing for the almighty V-ROD !
Last year I saw at least 6 V-Rods spread all over town. Lets try to ride and park together to make an awsome display of these fantastic Harleys. :jeannie: :kaz: :cheers: :boobs: :thumb: :diablo: Post your comments here or PM me, V-Rodney aka Travis

Toy Run

Hey there Brian, I will be at the Toy Run this Sunday. I hope to meet ya there. I have the '03 all silver with black and chrome bags and the well ground-off pegs and muffler.... :angeldev: :stilpoke: V-Rodney:cheers: :rofl:

V-Rod Track Day !!

Hey all in this registry. I have a lead on doing a very affordable Track Day in New Mexico and was hoping to get some of the V-Rodders in Colorado, Texas and of course N.M. to take advantage of this rare opportunity. We are looking at the 28th of this month ! It is only going to cost us about $70 for the day instead of the $150 and up that most track days cost.
The track is the Sandia Motorsports Park near ABQ and is being arranged by the Santa Fe Buell Group. Email me or call Murrae at 505-471-3808
This is a great chance to get your bike out on the track and really learn it's and your limits in a safe and legal way. I know I am going through my second set of pegs and heat shields and am looking forward to getting her out on the track !! YEEE-HAW !! V-Rodney

many miles

Hi Dan,
I have been doing a lot of riding this summer.Went to Glacier, Yellow Stone, Grand Tetons and a handful of other parks, Oh and I just got back from riding the Calif. coast from SF to Oregon and back ;>) ride, ride, ride.......
what about you ?? Any plans on getting back up here to CO. ? V-Rodney

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.