Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone screened off the vents on the radiator cover? Materials used? How installed? I just freakin cringe everytime i hear the front tire spin a stone into the box.

·
I know,I know..apes?
506 Posts
You can find them on ebay (just search under vrod), www.v-mod.com or I think someone on here even makes and sells them.
I bought the ones from v-mod. Kind of expensive and don'treally fit perfectly, but do the job.

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
The_Apprentice said:
Check out - http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65695 - some people have even made their own.
:stupid: Make your own! It's easy enough. Plus you'll get the pleasure knowing you made it yourself!! Here is a pic of mine. First pic is after fab. the second and third is after powder coat and assembled to bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
266 Posts
I thought i read some where on H_D.com they 2008 have these installed is this true ??

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
GordieHM said:
I caught a bird in mine
I caught an armadillo in mine. Screens didn't help:stilpoke:

But they do keep the gravel out! I made mine out of the plastic mesh put over top of outside AC units.

Attachments

·
Genesis1130cc
1,824 Posts
I bought mine off of Ebay and installed them on my '03 "A". Definatley the most tedious accessory I have installed. You have to be REAL careful not the ruin the plastic screw tabs on the radiator trim rings. I was curious why I have'nt seen more pix in members galleries with them. I was concerned about damage to the radiator from debris and installed the guards soon after I bough the bike. I watched one of the V-Rod shows on TV and it made me a little nervous when they mentioned the "fins" of the trim rings being designed to maximize the air flow to the radiator. Made me think that maybe the guards would impede the air flow and cause the engine to run hot. Anyway, I have been riding the bike over a year, put 7000 miles on it and have not had any issues so far.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts

·
Lover of Bikes
1,726 Posts
There's a few pics of my chrome ones in my gallery if you care to look. I'm so accustommed to them that VRSCs without look like they're missing something.

·
Premium Member
3,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks all for the responses....best forum around.... great tips and as per usual, ill probably do the install myself.

just pull that rocks back out.........cmon man.

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts