Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried the rocket fold-up trailer? Any comments will be appreciated.
Thanks guys.

·
Biker Pilot
1,104 Posts
DanaFWelch, a member of this forum, is rep for them. He loves the trailer...that's why he is helping promote them now.

·
Premium Member
2,992 Posts
personal experience

sceptist said:
Has anyone tried the rocket fold-up trailer? Any comments will be appreciated.
Thanks guys.
Crash is correct, I bought one last year and found it to be better than all 3 of the other trailers I've owned combined. I now help to set up dealers in CA because I've found such satisfaction with this trailer. The features that attracted me are as follows: 1) True solo loading and unloading due to a drop axle and built in ramp. 2) lightweight yet super strong marine grade aluminum. The entire single trailer weighs less than 200 pounds and yet can easily carry a full sized V-8 Boss Hoss or a Goldwing as the capacity is 1,600 pounds. Any 4 cyclinder car with a Class 1 hitch can easily tow it. 3) It stores easily in the corner of my two car garage as the rail folds down & the trailer stands up on end taking only 27 inches of space out from the wall. 4) Because of the torsion suspension, 13" wheels, steel belted radials and high speed 1 1/16" wheel bearings, it and my V-ROD ride like a Packard behind my little 4 cyclinder PT Cruiser. 5) The Single Fold Up model offers the option to fold the unit up so it rides with the wheels up on your 2" receiver. Nice for storing at a motel parking lot or someone driving your rig and not familiar with trailering or backing up a trailer. 5) Priced right: MSRP for a brushed aluminum single is $1,395. If you want extras: Fold Up option is $100, Powdercoating $150, chrome wheels $50. Shipping runs about $150 from coast to coast since they are so light. Sales tax and license fees depend on where you bought it. Double stand up starts at $1,995.

Rocket Trailers seem to sell more Rocket Trailers as they attract people where ever they go and their owners talk about how pleased they are with their trailers. They've also been in use for 4 years now in some of the worst winter weather in salt covered roads in the midwest as well as in the salty air of the Florida coast and they stand up to the elements beautifully. Also, there has yet to be even one warranty claim.

There are two dealers set up in Central CA now: www.montereypowersports.com and www.svtrailers.com with units in stock or they can drop ship direct to you from the plant in Florida.

If you need more info, call me: 800-675-1644 ext. 34

·
Premium Member
2,992 Posts
V-Fred said:
danafwelch: Any Dealers handling them in the Greater Seattle area? Thanks.

Fred
Fred,
Not as yet, however if you call SVT at 888-856-9924 and ask for Pat or Sandy, they can either ship you one of the six they currently have in stock or have one shipped direct to you from the factory. They are crated when shipped to avoid damage and can be sent either to your dealership or to the nearest freight depot. Shipping is approx. $150 from Florida to Seattle.

·
Premium Member
2,992 Posts
max width

dereck said:
What's the max size of the rear tire that it can handle?
I just went into the garage to measure the rail. The inside width is about 7 1/4 " and the depth is about 2 1/4". It really depends on the profile of the tire you are needing to accommodate. 200mm will typically fit. For special applications like the 240mm or even the 300mm, I can work with the owner for a custom fit. He's done this for choppers and other bikes that are unique in tire size, length...etc. Just send me an email or call: 831-657-2090 ext. 34.

·
Premium Member
2,992 Posts
dereck said:
What's the max size of the rear tire that it can handle?
Derek,
Today, I spoke to the owner. He can simply use a 10" wide aluminum rail instead of the 8" standard unit. For even widden applications, he can go to a 12" wide aluminum rail. My guess is that width with handle even the new 300 mm rear tires.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts