Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Riding the good life
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all the members locations around the world, and for the world traveler in all of us how about the particular roads name and number that is the best in your state?

How about 2nd best?

When travel time hits, this might be a good resource for planning a ride on your VR.

The attached images are of The Dragon, Ohio at the intersection about 1/4 mile from where I grew up, North Central Ohio, Salem Land where some of the finest 1/4 mile racing takes place, Dragway 42. Many fond memories that go back to 1964 on these roads, then the road from Las vegas accross one of the deser plateau, a fun ride in 32-33 degree snowy weather to ride in, the pine tree run is in one of the parks in the US South West, i believe is Kit Carson National park. great Escape area for motorsyclin, the Chereahola (SP?), and the last 4 are in the State of Hawaii. The dirt road lead to the overlook. At this site some crazy state offical saw it to apply for funds for handicapped parking, since it is on National Park Status, hence 10% or whatever the reg is is supposed to be for the handicapped. It look liked th estate matched the funds, and installed a handicapped parking spot, just like in your town. it was rather funny, here in th emiddle of nowhere all of our parking is for handicapped. So I did not see anyone and thought, yea, like this is really patrolled!!

The road up would is a good ride, about 90 minutes or so. It takes you to the backbone of one of our neighbor islands. No motorcycles in those though as that was done in a 4 X. it is quite possible that a 2 wheel ADV Ride would be in order, along with an end to end ride of this place. Look for more pics in the Hawaii section and if yer up in them cold northern states and want to escape, let me know.

So finally, One of the greatest tropical roads I have driven in this state. It takes you to a loop bog hike in pristine pacific alpine region. I can't relay in words the scent of this place, but the smell is the same at Kokee on Kauai when you are in the Alakai Swamp.

On the way up to this location, there is a pit on the side of the road that is in the shape of a boat hull. This was used to calculate loads of sandal wood raped from the land, carried down in wagons with mules a couple centuries earlier.

Anyway, its these gems that life is made of!

Attachments

·
Registered
911 Posts
Highway 431 in Nevada - the Mount Rose Highway. Fifteen miles of twisties and spectacular vistas.

out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts