Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:spank: Well ran into a dude on a new Yammi Roadliner. Finally found one that the owner wasn't afraid to beat it and he was a good rider. The V ROD spanked him real bad. First run was up a long hill so i thought the tourqe of the big twin would get me. He had a good head start atleast a good 100 feet he nailed and i reeled him in VERY easily, he was tucked and shaking his head in disbelief!!!! Pulled up to him at a light and he said not bad for a MODDED harley, i'm stock he said except for a pipe and air cleaner. I said same here. Next run was on RT 6 in Ct. Once again he was leading but i was closer on this run. Reeeled him in in first and pulled along side him clicked second and he was done got him by 10-15 bikes before letting off. Stopped at the Bach Door Cafe in Chaplin and he pulled in behind came over to shake my hand and said its bad enough a harley beat me, but a harley with a passenger. Oh yeah forgot to mention the ol' lady was on the back and he was solo. Gotta say this bike impresses me every time i ride it. I also do this same thing to my buddy on his 07 SCEAMING EAGLE ROAD KING. Don't think i'll be selling this bike!!!!

Attachments

·
found my old avatar
1,200 Posts
good one. And fun, to boot. I once spanked a kid on some kind of crotch rocket in the santa monica mountains on the way to the rock store. Passed him and watched him trying to keep up. I was throwing large spark trails on every curve and he met up with me at the bar and couldn't believe it. Oh, I was on a yamaha venture with my girlfriend on the back.

okay, I just love telling that story....

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The look on the guys face was priceless!!!! Just rolling up on him and than puliing away grining was worth every cent i got into this bike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
267 Posts
kerryw said:
good one. And fun, to boot. I once spanked a kid on some kind of crotch rocket in the santa monica mountains on the way to the rock store. Passed him and watched him trying to keep up. I was throwing large spark trails on every curve and he met up with me at the bar and couldn't believe it. Oh, I was on a yamaha venture with my girlfriend on the back.

okay, I just love telling that story....
A superior rider makes all the difference in the world out on the road. "Bench racing" is one thing, but having the skills to make the machine perform to it's potential is entirely another!

·
Registered
964 Posts
lol fast is relative as I was taught again within the last month.

I met a new buddy who wanted to go riding. He has a softail custom almost stock with the exception of a set of long shots on it.

we rode over the mountians for several hours and I was on my se.

That guy rode the wheels off that bike. he is not a small guy by any means, but every corner he was wide open and braking just like a pro. he left showers of sparks behind him and those long shots dragged the ground on right hand sweepers.

I was right on his but the entire way but it was a thing of beuty to see a guy ride a softail that hard...I would have never pushed that softy that hard.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Love it when the road gets twisty kinda seperates the TRUE riders!!!! Thats why i would never lower my bike i'm scraping at stock ride height. But in THE WEEDS does look BAD!!!!

·
found my old avatar
1,200 Posts
rodder said:
Love it when the road gets twisty kinda seperates the TRUE riders!!!! Thats why i would never lower my bike i'm scraping at stock ride height. But in THE WEEDS does look BAD!!!!

that being said, I was out to the left coast visiting my buddy who owns a decrepit (is that a word?) 650 twin yam and he SPANKED me regularly on every curve! His rear tire was just worn and squared off but he has the gift. I'd be all set up and hanked down into the next turn, scraping or whatever on my v-rod, and the little bugger would just wax me on the high side or low side whichever. Hanging off the side of his bike like kenny roberts. So cool. We traded bikes for the return trip and I could barely ride the thing! So, rider is everything. That guy has been smoking me for, like, 30 years now.

:D

I like telling that story, also....

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats like my buddy i ride with a bit, hes got a Yammi Warrior. My Rod blows him away easily but if he wants to win he hits the twisties he's been riding since like birth!!! We trade bikes and i lose sight of him. A NATURAL is a NATURAL!!!!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts