Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a great weekend. My buddy and I left Jacksonville Sat morning and started heading south. Later that afternoon, we ran out of road in Key West. Had a few beers, spent the night and then shot across Alligator Alley and back up I75. Total for the weekend was 1224 miles.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Sounds like fun. Lot a miles on an R for only 2 days.

I am working part time in JAX, Connie and I are planning a similar trip later this year. although we plan to take 9-10 days.

Any particular spots i don't want to miss? (we are from California, so not familiar with the area).

greg

·
Registered
332 Posts
gregbenner said:
Sounds like fun. Lot a miles on an R for only 2 days.

I am working part time in JAX, Connie and I are planning a similar trip later this year. although we plan to take 9-10 days.

Any particular spots i don't want to miss? (we are from California, so not familiar with the area).

greg
If you want a nice scenic route, take 41 South from Naples. It will run you right through the heart of the everglades. Watch out for the gators that appear in the rode from time to time. Really a nice easy ride. You will go through some old indian vilages along the way and I highly recommend one of the airboat tours.Take one of the small ones. Alot more fun. It will bring you out down in Homestead and from there it's just a couple hours to KW. Key West is a blast. Mallory Square at sunset is a must. Gotta see the guy with the trained cats.
Sanibel Island is a nice place also. Lived there for 10 years and go back every year. One of the top shelling islands around. (If the wife enjoys it.) Awesome fishing too.

·
GA. BOY
2,462 Posts
must of been fun!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Was riding too fast. When we did stop, it was beer thirty and I forgot about the camera in my pocket.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts