Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
NSFW
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided last week to go spend the weekend with my wife somewhere in PA. She was working out of town and was just going to spend the weekend there. But, instead of just meeting her in some town we went to my uncle's house in Bear, DE.

It's 580 miles one way so I was sure that I'd have an opinion about how the Sundowne seat performed. I do. Not too bad when combined with highway pegs. I probably couldn't have done the ride without the pegs.

I rode out on Friday morning and met my wife in Hagarstown, MD at 1:30PM. We had lunch at a mall and went to DE. The only rain was between Hagarstown and Baltimore that day. Rush hour on Friday around Baltimore wasn't that bad. I really expected worse. We only stopped about 4 times.

Uncle Jack took us out to dinner Saturday night at the Moose lodge in New Castle, DE. That had a live band playing stuff from the 40s and 50s. It was a fun evening of dinner and dancing.

I came back on Sunday. It was 47F to start and it didn't get much higher until I got to OH. I ended up with a jacket under the FXRG nylon. I stopped twice for hot chocolate to get warmed up.

:notworth: Prep: A friend at work talked me into borrowing his chaps. He is DA MAN! I bowed to him this morning when I saw him at work. I would have froze without them. Momma says that Santa might get me a pair for Christmas!!

:spank: Oops: I didn't take a set of earplugs. My ears are only slightly ringing this afternoon from the wind noise on the helmet.

:bolt Close call: Only had one close call during the trip. I was coming up on the left of a pickup truck with about a 20' camper behind it. He was two lanes to the right. I was still about 4 car lerngths behind him. We came out from behind a hill and got hit by a heavy wind gust. I could see his trailer move sideways. It started weaving and he couldn't get it under control. He hit the brakes and it got increasingly worse. He was almost in my lane when he got back to the right. I hit the WOT and got past. He landed in an open zone at an on ramp and every thing was turned 90 degrees to the right. He didn't do anything more than make some flat spots on some tires. And be probably needed to change his underwear!

Pics: #1 is the R in front of Triple S H-D in Morgantown, WV. #2 & 3 are at the visitor's center at the Sidling Hill cut through the mountain, I-68 between Cumberland, MD and Hagarstown, MD. #4 is with uncle Jack Sunday morning. #5 is outside Sunday morning. I stopped to take more pics on the way back and the battery was dead. D'oh!

Attachments

·
NSFW
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Gloves

I thought that I had some nice gloves. I took four pairs of gloves on the trip.

:notworth: Gauntlet/Olympia Sports
These were great. Heavily padded leather. At least 12" long. My hands were warm the entire trip.

:thumb: Fingerless/HD
These were comfortable Friday and Saturday when it was warm. Lightly padded in the palm. Very nice.

:mad: Armored leather/Joe Rocket and Full hand/HD (vented, foam-like substance construction)
Losers both of them. They both had a seam that crossed the right thumb right where you squeeze the throttle! If felt like holding onto a razor blade!

Anybody need some slightly used gloves? :angeldev:

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts