Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
"Easy Wind"
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all...Sorry if I tossed this one in the wrong section??? Anyways, Cycle World did a good road test in February of this year on a '07 Night Rod Special with the 1130cc motor, but The '08 I just purchased has the 1250cc....I'm looking for good info as to STOCK 1/4 mile runs/MPH and 0-60 times? Just looking for a point of reference.

·
Premium Member
5,508 Posts
Nothing out there yet as far as I know. Will probably take a few months, if they even get around to doing one.

·
Registered
616 Posts
This is just a guess on my part. But the EPA regs tightened up a lot for 08 so HD put the narrow band 02 sensors on the 08 V-Rods. These bikes are going to run much leaner. So my guess is the power difference isnt going to be much at all. But with a fuel management system and a dyno you should be able to realize the potential. Its just going to cost you. But stock compared to stock I doubt you will see as much as 5hp difference.

·
"Easy Wind"
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks HokieRich....
Not having really riden this yet, I can only go from other info, but it SEEMS like this bike should be capable of low 11's...and possibly a 4 second 0-60...maybe even less in stock condition? I've read elsewear on here that:
A) Either the SERT or a PCIII will really smooth out the STOCK bikes performance....even before filter/airbox/pipe mods? and...
B) The friggin' stuff's not on the market yet.....;-)

There was another question I had on the 02 sensor issue in regards to how it will adjust automatically or not for maps in altitude vs. sea level, but unless anyone wants to reply here, maybe I'll post it as a new thread?
Thanks for all the advice so far.....This place is MINT!

·
Registered
616 Posts
Well, the HD 02 sensor setup works in closed loop mode at cruise and idle and open loop mode at WOT. It is set for an AFR of 14.6 in closed loop. So the SERT or a replacment ECM will be the only way to ensure you are not too lean at cruise with ANY mods to the bike. None of the other fuel management systems can adjust the closed loop mode. At least at the present time. Some of them do offer 02 eliminators but from what I have read they dont work very well. Cause the bikes to run way too rich. So the SERT would seem to be the best way to go. None of what I am saying is from personal experience - just from reading other forums. Later.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts