Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

21 - 40 of 239 Posts

·
reservation dogs
1,993 Posts
TWO! I assume the 08 is a coppertop, but what color is the 07?
An '07 D , Pacific Blue Pearl. The '07 will be finished first, with H-D style bags. Toni will be riding the '08 to KC this year so it will be started when we get home, and it is going to get the Corbin Fleetliner bags.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,798 Posts
Awesome! Looking forward to more pictures. Joe

·
Premium Member
10,798 Posts
OK, Martin and I are going to KC - who else? I would love to see a large display of these, and Bat-rods, too! We need to convince the MOCO to build a better touring mount! Come on down - 1st beer is on me! Joe

·
Geezer
13,343 Posts
OK, Martin and I are going to KC - who else? I would love to see a large display of these, and Bat-rods, too! We need to convince the MOCO to build a better touring mount! Come on down - 1st beer is on me! Joe
We need a category for the bike show. Otherwise we're all likely to be classified as 'rat-rods' by the I-Love-Lux contingent. :deal:

·
Premium Member
10,798 Posts
I had mentioned that to JSC, as well. If we are going into the rat catagory, I can stop polishing!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Still in the Process of converting

07 vrscd got the road glide fairing with the stockwindshield from the partlist from cyclevision , but I'm having touble with mirrors they seem to hit the windshield, open to all ideals do I need to change handlebars. also any ideals on gauges to put in the fairing.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I had the same problem switched to D bars. You will need an extended brake line as well. I put speakers in my holes.

·
Darth Veeness
2,014 Posts
2006 VRSCR, started 10-07, and continues to evolve. On the road late spring, and the mods continue! STREETRODROADROD - too long a handle. Need a shorter one - Any ideas? Joe
How about VRSCRG? or V-Glide?

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
07 vrscd got the road glide fairing with the stockwindshield from the partlist from cyclevision , but I'm having touble with mirrors they seem to hit the windshield, open to all ideals do I need to change handlebars. also any ideals on gauges to put in the fairing.
Since you alreayd have a D, changing to D bars will not help. You might try the black 883R sportster bars. They have slightly more pull back than your stock bars. In either case you can rotate the bar toward you and down and then rotate the controls in the opposite direction and that will give you more turning room. Another option is to change the windshield. I changed form the stock to the short black one in my avatar and that worked even with the stock bars on my R. Since then I have tried the Klockwerks shield and that helped but did not totally solve the problem and now I have the 14" Memphis Shades FLT replacement shield. With the handlebar adjustment I mentioned above and moving the mirrors to the lever hole, I can now make a full turn.

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
I had the same problem switched to D bars. You will need an extended brake line as well. I put speakers in my holes.
Which speakers did you put in the gauge holes?

·
Premium Member
10,798 Posts
DK,
Below the front mount inside of the fairing are two small holes. Thru those, use a 1/4 inch drive socket with a 1/8th socket. The headlight mounts in 3 places, and the lower two mounts are studs that are cut in a hex to allow you to aim the headlight. At least up and down. Sounds complicated, but the alternative is to remove 10 fasteners, and the lower mounting bolts, turn signals, and then pull the outer fairing. The headlights mounting studs will be easy to get to, and you can screw them in or out. Then put it all back together. Easy to do, but time consuming. I have done it easily a dozen times. Pm me if you need help. Joe

·
2003 Chrome Road Rod
28 Posts
road rod stuff

found the adjusters thanks, Capn. will take a socket and adjust on way home tonight. (BTW mine are 3/16) 34.8 mpg not to bad BMW was 42 to 44 depending on throttle urgency, I have to admit I was seeing how this one runs so next mileage should be a little better. Actually this is no slouch. probably rattled some windows with those rhineharts, man they are loud, may have to tone that down a bit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
TomVrod,
Thank for the info, I'll try adjusting down first to see if I can get any more turning distance. hope aleast to get enough to allow to sit on the kickstand.

·
2003 Chrome Road Rod
28 Posts
Chrome Road Rod update

bought a windshield for the winter from baggers-only on ebay, added chrome levers and reservoir covers, luggage rack and mini-backrest, larger tank, have 13.5 shocks coming so I can use all of the tires before the rhineharts touch. Have guard dawg coming from Rowland, adding illumabezel as I need to replace front headlight cover anyway (tabs broken) updated pic

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,928 Posts
bought a windshield for the winter from baggers-only on ebay, added chrome levers and reservoir covers, luggage rack and mini-backrest, larger tank, have 13.5 shocks coming so I can use all of the tires before the rhineharts touch. Have guard dawg coming from Rowland, adding illumabezel as I need to replace front headlight cover anyway (tabs broken) updated pic
:plause: WOW!

·
Retired, Not SLOW!
6,000 Posts
... now if someone will show me how to adjust the headlights!
FLTR headlight adjustment procedure is sorta weird. Still have my Service Manual so if anybody wants the procedure I can scan it in and e-mail it. Adjuster hexes on '03s are 4.5mm, btw. ... dave

·
2003 Chrome Road Rod
28 Posts
road rod improvements.

headlight adjustment, for those of us who don't have the 4.5 mm socket which is .177 the .187 3/16 seems to work. The conversion kit only allows use of the two lower adjuster holes I thought there was an upper one but its covered by the bracket. Would not mind seeing the procedure just to know though. Put the 13.5 inch progressives on like them much better as far as cornering clearance and ride. The clear advantage integrated tailight makes the rear turn signals more apparent to others also. Putting the illumabezel on in the next day or so will post pics of front and rear when its done.

21 - 40 of 239 Posts