Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

221 - 239 of 239 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
The bracket that was used from from GR customs. I had do a ton of work on it with it being a knock off fairing, but if it was an actual Harley it would have been more straightforward.

·
Stevie
57 Posts
Thanks. Cycle visions makes a kit and is probably the easiest. I fabbed up all my mounts and did lots work to fit everything I got 6" stretched bags for flh model harleys made the brackets to hold the bags on and with the air ride up to where i ride it at the bottom of the bags are even with the front foot pegs So i didnt lose any lean angle the bike rides really good. I made the fairing mount and got the bike up the 140 mph and it handled very good

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Thanks. Cycle visions makes a kit and is probably the easiest. I fabbed up all my mounts and did lots work to fit everything I got 6" stretched bags for flh model harleys made the brackets to hold the bags on and with the air ride up to where i ride it at the bottom of the bags are even with the front foot pegs So i didnt lose any lean angle the bike rides really good. I made the fairing mount and got the bike up the 140 mph and it handled very good
Don't tell Rob that. It will get him all wound up again. LOL
Ron

·
Registered
21 Posts
Better yet! I want to put a fender like that on my '05 but Cyclevision is out for good. I'll have to try squeezin' one of those touring fenders in there.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Better yet! I want to put a fender like that on my '05 but Cyclevision is out for good. I'll have to try squeezin' one of those touring fenders in there.

Be prepared to have to fight it a bit

Have to fit it w/ tire on locating where fender will be - mark hole locations on fender - pull back out and drill

If your fender is painted you will scratch it getting in and out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm in the process of doing something similar using a 2014-Street Glide fairing. Using a Sony AX7000 radio receiver and putting midrange and tweeters in the gauge openings with 6.5" speakers in the original openings. Upgrading the headlight to 7" J.W. Speaker Adaptive with Ciro lighted trim around headlight, vent opening, and windshield trim.

Wanted to change the mirrors to black but they are a gloss finish and the Harley-Davidson's bra is a flat/matte finish.
Question: has painted their stock mirror another finish/color? If so, what's your recommendations?

Rodney

221 - 239 of 239 Posts