Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
More problems...

Ok, so I sprung for the Harley Advanced Audio System and purchased the stock hand controls for mode and volume...problem is...I have no way to hook everything together (controls, radio, speakers, power). I called the dealer I am getting most of my parts from and they told me that I need the fairing wiring harness to a tune of nearly $300!!

All I really need are the proper plugs and a wiring schematic...I can make my own harness.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Russ

·
Dtown's Mobile Tech.
901 Posts
that is what i did, get them to get you the parts for the male, female and all the pins to make your own, then you need the schematics for the year of the radio that you have and make it work for what you have, not all that hard just time consuming.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that is what i did, get them to get you the parts for the male, female and all the pins to make your own, then you need the schematics for the year of the radio that you have and make it work for what you have, not all that hard just time consuming.
Thanks...I had my dealer fax me the parts sheet for the interconnect harness. I ordered ALL of the connectors, pins, sockets, you name it. I'm pretty sure I found a good wiring diagram, so I should be ok.

Right now, I'm just having an AWFUL time trying to get the fender extension and saddlebags to fit properly. Having all kinds of problems. For it being a "kit" I've sure had to do a lot of grinding, drilling, shimming...you name it. Haven't had to turn the welder on yet, so that's a good thing!...lol

Here are the pin assignments I found for the 23 pin AMP connector...from Harleypingman on several other forums:

1 Right Front Speaker (-) LGN/BK
2 (Empty)
3 RHandlebar slot 9; LHandlebar slot 9 PK/W
4 RHandlebar slot 8 GY/W
5 RHandlebar slot 10 V/BK
6 RHandlebar slot 7 O/BK
7 (Empty)
8 LHandlebar slot 8 BN/BK
9 Speed Signal/Interconnect 156B* W/GN
10 Battery (+) R/O
11 Ground BK/GN
12 Ignition (+) O/BE
13 (Empty)
14 (Empty)
15 (Empty)
16 Left Front Speaker (+) W/O
17 Left Front Speaker (-) LGN/W
18 Right Front Speaker (+) GY/R
19 Ground BK/GN
20 Battery (+) R/O
21 (Empty)
22 LHandlebar slot 11 GY/GN
23 LHandlebar slot 10 GN/BE

·
Dtown's Mobile Tech.
901 Posts
sounds about right. i forget and cant find my copy right now, but what year is the radio from that you have? mine was a pre-harmon kardon so i have the info on that one someplace if you need help, I think I even posted it awhile back for someone else if you search back....way back

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sounds about right. i forget and cant find my copy right now, but what year is the radio from that you have? mine was a pre-harmon kardon so i have the info on that one someplace if you need help, I think I even posted it awhile back for someone else if you search back....way back
Took the plunge and got a new one from Harley...still in the box.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts