Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say thanks to Joe and Sharkey and everyone else that provided info and advice. I will post pics as soon as I figure out how to do that again. Rode her hard today cold and heavy fog but still a thrill to ride.

:notworth:

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
YAY! My pleasure. Did the oil sending unit pictures help? I can't wait to see her! Start planning to hook up with PWRMAN (He is in Baltimore) to attend MWT. For that matter, you can come to NOVI in January... Joe

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Joe I was never able to open the pic but your description helped alot, my phone had some cryptic message about too large a file or image. Did I ever tell you I'm digitally impaired?

what i did was 1 1/2" 1/4 npt nipple 1/4 to 1/8 reducer compression fit to copper oil line the sender ( Dual ) I mounted it in the space between fuel tank and rear fender. The touring dual sender from Harley was $43 it was in fact a VDO sender which is avail for $25. Well as you know its too wide to mount easily and for the life of me I couldnt find an inverted 1/4 45 degree that would easily allow that.

I'm also acronym impaired MWT mean water temp? NOVI?

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Perry, MWT = Mid-West Thunder, the Nation's largest gathering of VRODS. Held in Niles MI, the last week in June, it is a great time, and you will see some of the coolest VRODS there are. See rallies and group meetings for I-V.
NOVI, MI is the home to the North American International Motorcycle show. See rallies and Group Meetings, as well. Held in January, it breaks up the winter, and gets some creative energy flowing.
The other big event is Homecomming, in Kansas City, MO. The plan is September 10-12or so, this year. This past September, we had a good turnout, but MWT was larger. We skipped a year in KC, and it lost a bit of momentum. It will grow again, and in the past, we have had MOCO support - catered lunches, private tours, Nice door prizes. It will be even better this comming September!
PM me a real email address, and I can resend, if you like. Joe

·
Registered
480 Posts
pjoo7 thank's fer askin the ? CAPTJAM thank's fer the explainin. As a new road rod convert I fer sure wanna get to at least one of these! Niles can't be 2 far from Milw?

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Vagger, less tha 4 hours. Pondo and deathwish (joe) and 02MAN all come around the lake. Piece of cake ride, easier if you take the ferry!!! Joe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts