Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Fire Investigator
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I KNOW THERE ARE THREADS ON THE INSTALL, BUT I HAVE A FEW CONCERNS.
1. DO I HAVE TO TAKE THE SWING ARM COVERS OFF?
2. IN REMOVING THE PIN ON THE SHOCKS, WILL THE WHEEL COME OFF?
3. SINCE I'M INSTALLING THE SIDEMOUNT AND BLINKERS, WILL IT BE BETTER TO REMOVE THE WHOLE SHOCK ON THE LEFT SIDE.

I DO HAVE A LIFT, AND I CAN OPERATE TOOLS JUST THAT THIS IS MY FIRST BIKE AND I DON'T WANT TO DO ANYTHING TO VOID THE WARRENTY.

THANKS TO YOU ALL, AGAIN THIS FORUM IS GREAT.

HAIL TO THE V-ROD :jeannie:

·
Registered
229 Posts
hubtones said:
I KNOW THERE ARE THREADS ON THE INSTALL, BUT I HAVE A FEW CONCERNS.
1. DO I HAVE TO TAKE THE SWING ARM COVERS OFF?
2. IN REMOVING THE PIN ON THE SHOCKS, WILL THE WHEEL COME OFF?
3. SINCE I'M INSTALLING THE SIDEMOUNT AND BLINKERS, WILL IT BE BETTER TO REMOVE THE WHOLE SHOCK ON THE LEFT SIDE.

I DO HAVE A LIFT, AND I CAN OPERATE TOOLS JUST THAT THIS IS MY FIRST BIKE AND I DON'T WANT TO DO ANYTHING TO VOID THE WARRENTY.

THANKS TO YOU ALL, AGAIN THIS FORUM IS GREAT.

HAIL TO THE V-ROD :jeannie:
1. Yes. 2 No. 3 Yes

·
Registered
291 Posts
I bought the sidemount and am very impressed with the product. You can keep the covers as well, you will have to remove the covers though (just for the install, you can put them back on after you run the wires)...taking off the shock is not necessary, you will have to remove the lower bolt on the shock though, and it is much easier if you have the bike on a lift. You can run the wires in the swingarm without drilling also. There is a hole right in front of where the swingarm mounts to the wheel and then another hole just below the gas tank...there is a thread somewhere that gives you directions in detail...sorry I don't remember where, but with a basic search, i am sure you will find it. Good luck :thumb:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts