Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally, the lighted version of our Sidemount Plate is finished. Take a look at additional pictures in the Gallery. Cost is $295 with no additional shipping costs until Christmas. These plates have an awesome chrome finish. There's 3 on the shelves ready to ship immediately - if you don't happen to get one of these 3 we guarantee delivery by Christmas. Shoot me an email if you're interested or have any questions!

·
speeding safely
499 Posts
Spammer

Thanks for the news about your product, which looks very nice-

but I really didn't appreciate the 2 spams that arrived to me via email.:mad:

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Spam

Based on the email address he used for my spam it looks like he scoured the Yahoo list. Since our email lists are secured he shouldn't be able to mine them for spam. If anyone thinks he has spammed you from your registration here then let me / us know. We'll take the appropriate action.:sinister:

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
rmdbillet, while I appreciate the fact that you make a product for the v-rod community I hope that no one on the forum is getting mail from contacts made in personal information. Leaving a note on the forum and pictures is allowed. No emails should ever be sent from information obtained from this forum.

In his defense I have received no emails about his product and since I have been banned from the yahoo group (not sure why) I don't get email from them anymore.

Max

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
CHECK MOD FORUM!

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
Jason,
Your product may be an excellent one, but you really should check with management, before you try to push your wares here. This isn't Yahoo. Please refrain from being tempted to use this great forum as a free advertising zone.

John

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I apologize for any toes I have stepped on. The email was sent to addresses sitting in my Inbox from Yahoo Forum posts. The decision to send it was based off the fact that it was to a very specific group of individuals (V-ROD owners) that have shown a high level of interest in new products coming to the market. I have had many, many requests via phone and email in the last 2 months asking me to give notification when this product was ready to go. The negative response I’ve received tells me I should have been even more specific with the group of individuals I notified about the release of the product. I would like everyone to know I did not go “digging up” or searching for addresses – they were from Yahoo posts that are automatically emailed to me. Not that this excuses the action but I was never on a witch hunt looking for email addresses.

As far as advertising products on Yahoo, VRF and VTF – I’ll be the first to admit it’s definitely a great avenue to find people who are interested in new products - but on the same token it’s also a great resource for hearing new ideas and what V-ROD owners want and need. A good portion of ideas we have planned for the future have come straight from the individuals who are Forum members and it’s essentially the reason we decided to stay in the V-ROD market in the first place. Before I was introduced to the Forums I had no idea of the large group of owners that were so into their bikes. Relative to other markets, there are not a lot of aftermarket places to go for V-ROD products right now. We are simply trying to increase that and expand the selection of products that are available and these Forums are a great resource to do that. So please don’t take my email or promotion for anything more than what it is.

Once again, I apologize for the bad decision. The very fact that I’m writing this response says at this point I’m not in good overall standing with the Members. I will contact the moderators and get their thoughts on whether I should continue to be a member – I do not want to become a sore spot or black sheep.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Thanks Jason!Were a Very Passionate Group but Very Protective also!As a Mod on Both forums I'm sometime"Made;) "to do thing I usually would not think about otherwise for the good of the Forum!If you would like PM me or e-mail me and we can talk further. :cool:

·
Registered
138 Posts
I e-mail rmdbillet and asked him about his products. I got an e-mail from him also and i was happy that he let me know about his new sidemount plate. It sounds like he only e-mail people that e-mail him before about his products.
THANKS for the new lighted plate, i'll be calling soon to order one.

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
esquire7oz said:
I e-mail rmdbillet and asked him about his products. I got an e-mail from him also and i was happy that he let me know about his new sidemount plate. It sounds like he only e-mail people that e-mail him before about his products.
THANKS for the new lighted plate, i'll be calling soon to order one.
Actually NOT true. I never requested any info and I got the unsolicited e-mails (multiple) as did the entire Yahoo V-Rod group.

Hi Everyone -

We've just released the lighted version of our Sidemount Plate. Compared to the original version, this plate is illuminated with a bright white L.E.D. and is chromed. Cost is $295, which includes shipping until Christmas. We currently have 3 in stock and will guarantee delivery by Christmas after these 3 are gone. Check out the attached pics. Shoot me an email if you're interested or have questions!

Jason Rodman
RMD BILLET, INC.
www.rmdbillet.com

---------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
Protect your identity with Yahoo! Mail AddressGuard

John

·
Registered
765 Posts
I think Jason explained himself pretty well. Cut the guy some slack! Sounds like the lesson has been learned.

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
mdrsteve said:
I think Jason explained himself pretty well. Cut the guy some slack! Sounds like the lesson has been learned.
Hi Steve,
I wasn't busting his chops, but merely correcting esquire7oz's assumptions.:)

John

·
Registered
765 Posts
Oh c'mon, John. You were bustin' his chops a little, weren't you? ;)

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
John would NEVER do such a Thing!:rolleyes:

·
Twisted!!!!!!!
1,471 Posts
He's been involved in other threads and I have enjoyed his posts.
Actually seems like a good product for the V-Rod and other alternatives I do not like as much. By far.
I've learned from what happened here. It's like with a graphic post I did. Tasteless! That's OK. Chief did it great. Now I know.
Hopefuly rmdbillet (Jason) will keep making good quality products for the V-Rod and not send "unsolicited" e-mail (I hate that $hit too) to any other members. Except me! Anytime bro.
It's like with the colleague, DrHeathenScum, e-mail me anytime with new products V-Rod. But keep your pants on, PLEASE!

In my computer any of those guys will not be spammers since they were invited.

VIP. By the way I think John is also right in speaking his mind and protecting the forum. I like that. Makes this a better place really. Smart person, I think! We just learn and follow the rules.

P.S. Initially there were some friends posting to this forum under my name and this has been fixed (Nasty and they laughed but F'em). I had zero forum experience or any internet community type relations, no respect at all! Now it is a different thing and that I owe to VTF and VRF. Thanks!

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
I have had some Private e-mail with Jason and have seen a few more things thats he Has done.One word "WOW"!With all Our input and his expertice I think we can come up with some Great new Mods for the V-rods!:cool:

·
Registered
229 Posts
AWESOME SIDE MOUNT PLATE

Just want to tell everyone who is looking for a side mount plate, that the RMD Billet one is without a doubt the BEST. The fit, finish, and quality is AWESOME. It mounts only 3/8" off the rear pulley. Really, really nice looking. Very trick. The price is alittle high, but as we all know, you get what you pay for! Well worth the money.
ride safe
vrodtom

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for the praise Tom, I appreciate it. Let me know if there's anything else we can do.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I can't speak about the spam cuz I didn't get any.

However, I would think this is a good place for someone to post when they have a new product... After all this is called the PRODUCTS forum...

I don't have time to browse all the different manufacturers websites. Its nice coming here to ONE location and learn about new stuff for the V-Rod. I mean come on, its not like its a telemarketer calling you at dinner. If you don't want to read the post, skip it...

:2cents

Leon

1 - 20 of 20 Posts