Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I order a 30T HDI pulley from the dealer and I got a stock 30T in the box.

RJ hooked me up with his 30T HDI so I can make the trip out west.

Thank you again.
Rod

·
Billy
3,464 Posts
Way to step up (as always) Rowland. :notworth:

·
2" of dangling death
10,933 Posts
I order a 30T HDI pulley from the dealer and I got a stock 30T in the box.

RJ hooked me up with his 30T HDI so I can make the trip out west.

Thank you again.
Rod
Im not seeing a difference between 30t stock and 30t HDI, whats the difference

·
Movin' on....
5,297 Posts

·
MWT III/IV/V alumni
859 Posts
The doctor is always in!!

·
2" of dangling death
10,933 Posts
As far as I know there has only been 2 different 30 tooth pulleys. Stock 02-06 and offset for the 240

·
2" of dangling death
10,933 Posts
3Olive gets the prize, she is correct.
But there is no difference in the 30t on the 02-03 and the ones used on the 02-06 international bikes. Domestic bikes Are still the only ones that come stock with a 28t

·
2" of dangling death
10,933 Posts
After 04 no flange change is needed on any models to swtch from the 28 to 30 or vise versa

·
Premium Member
5,718 Posts
Tyson in '04 they made the flange smaller to accomidate the 28 tooth pulley so instead of having two different flanges they made the inside of the 30 tooth pulley smaller so it mates up with the 28 tooth flange. So a 30 tooth from a '02 - '03 fits the smaller 28 tooth flange but is sloppy and could get misaligned when installing it.

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
Tyson in '04 they made the flange smaller to accomidate the 28 tooth pulley so instead of having two different flanges they made the inside of the 30 tooth pulley smaller so it mates up with the 28 tooth flange. So a 30 tooth from a '02 - '03 fits the smaller 28 tooth flange but is sloppy and could get misaligned when installing it.
This is 100% correct. The HDI 30's have small "knobs" inside where the flange arms contact it to keep the pulley centered on the flange.

·
2" of dangling death
10,933 Posts
This is 100% correct. The HDI 30's have small "knobs" inside where the flange arms contact it to keep the pulley centered on the flange.
Its odd they never changed the part number only giveing it a revision(which means it should be back compatable) but if this is true then the 04-later one would not fit on the 02-03 flange. Goes against everything we are taught at work about part numbers and revisions.

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
Its odd they never changed the part number only giveing it a revision(which means it should be back compatable) but if this is true then the 04-later one would not fit on the 02-03 flange. Goes against everything we are taught at work about part numbers and revisions.
40341-04 is the HDI 30T.

·
2" of dangling death
10,933 Posts
40341-04 is the HDI 30T.
I stand corrected, i double checked my parts catalog, not sure what i saw before, guess i learn something new everyday. I talk to Ray today about this he didnt relized there was a change either.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts