Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just about to order one when I realized it's polished aluminum, not chromed. How well does it look next to the chromed pieces (swing arm, pulley, etc.)? Also, is it coated with anything or will it become another high-maintenance piece?

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
Good catch, V-Man. Originally it looks fine next to the chromed pieces. However, if you don't polish it after a while it will look terrible next to the chrome. I hate polishing so I had my local chrome shop chome mine. The only problem is that you will end up losing the Rizoma pin on the side - not a big deal for me, just thought I'd point it out.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Craig. So first you lay out almost $200 for it and then have to chrome it on top? Damn. Why do you loose the Rizoma pin, is it plastic or something?

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
To be honest I forget if the pin is plastic or not - I think part of it is. I just remember that the chromer said he would do all he could to try to save it however in the end he couldn't.
And yes, not the cheapest belt guard is it - considering just how much of the belt it actually covers ;) I do think though that it's still the best looking option out there.

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
Forgot to mention that I used a V-Rod pin (V-Mod carries them) to cover the two holes left by the Rizoma pin. Here's a pic - bad quality pic, but a pic.

Attachments

·
Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
Very nice Craig. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts