Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Good Muthafarka
11,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have started a new thread.

Watto started one awhile ago and I resurrected it by accident.

Anyway a few ppl here were interested in shocker covers for the F.

Well I went and saw the bloke who built my shocks and asked him to come up with some shocker covers.

The pic is my stock F shocker with the cover on it.

Personally they look a alot better than the Rizomas and heaps cheaper too. Nothing against Rizoma but they are pricey !!!

So if you havent got $1,000 plus to spend on air ride etc what about the below as a gap filler untill your cashed up ???

So the cost is $110.00 Powder Coated Black. Chrome could be a little dearer. Or get them raw and paint or powdercoat them yourself ???

The install isnt a 5 min job as shock needs to be disassembled for fitting. I will let Geoff (manafacturer) go into detail about that with people individually etc.

What you think ?

P.S. I'm making no money out of this.....purely for the love of the F Brotherhood.

P.P.S. I'm gunna post in General Section also and gauge the interest as I think the shocks are the same on other models........

Attachments

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
IN .... just gotta tell the wife .... actually can you do that BT ;)

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Have started a new thread.

Watto started one awhile ago and I resurrected it by accident.

Anyway a few ppl here were interested in shocker covers for the F.

Well I went and saw the bloke who built my shocks and asked him to come up with some shocker covers.

The pic is my stock F shocker with the cover on it.

Personally they look a alot better than the Rizomas and heaps cheaper too. Nothing against Rizoma but they are pricey !!!

So if you havent got $1,000 plus to spend on air ride etc what about the below as a gap filler untill your cashed up ???

So the cost is $110.00 Powder Coated Black. Chrome could be a little dearer. Or get them raw and paint or powdercoat them yourself ???

The install isnt a 5 min job as shock needs to be disassembled for fitting. I will let Geoff (manafacturer) go into detail about that with people individually etc.

What you think ?

P.S. I'm making no money out of this.....purely for the love of the F Brotherhood.

P.P.S. I'm gunna post in General Section also and gauge the interest as I think the shocks are the same on other models........
Looks good BT!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Looks great! Damn im gonna go broke looking at this forum! I should be used to it by now because of my Wrx but dang. Lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
on the hwy to hell
5,025 Posts
Looks good Tony don't think they would work on progressives 412's for they have a cover similar on the top already but think ya got something going there

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Good Muthafarka
11,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Who ever is interested etc needs to PM and I will forward email details etc etc ........

Yes correct its not a simple fit.....but any suspension place should be able to install cheap for you.......Geoff will expand further....

Ta

·
Good Muthafarka
11,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Big Tony can you post some photos of the cover and shocks installed on your F please?
Nah...cant do...i work full time and time poor ...look at my garage pics on left if you wanna get an idea.......

Gunna have to make a decision from pics.....

Im doin this just to see if you guys are interested ...I make nothing from this......if you wanna take next step PM me and I will give u contact details etc.....

·
Registered
506 Posts
Been in contact with Geoff from Ikon.
Paid for a set and am gonna take the 'Burb' for a spin to Albury on Friday and get him to fit 'em for me.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts