Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Broken Rizoma Rear Locators

Got the Rizoma Rear relocators and installed them. While driving down the road, the passenger side relocator just broke off in the middle of the bracket. Anybody else have this problem?

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Those parts are machined billet aluminum. I would find it hard to believe that it just broke off.

Had to have been a crack/anomaly in it from the time the aluminum was produced. It is not an especially hard material, therefore just breaking like a cast unit would be impossible.

When I had my accident, both relocators were bent down significantly. Not a crack to be seen.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry that I forgot to mention! They weren't aluminum they were a cheap cast. I was very suprised when I saw this. They were supposedly Rizoma. Pictures to follow!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Called V-Mod and they are sending out new relocator brackets overnight. They said that the aluminum shouldn't just break off. I explained that the bracket that broke isn't billet, it was cast!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Called V-Mod on Friday and complained that the relocators were supposed to be billet. Keith was shocked that they weren't. V-Mod overnighted me a set and I got them today. These are billet. Installed them in about one hour. Great customer service from V-Mod.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts