Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Twisted!!!!!!!
1,471 Posts
Me too! Seems like will not allow viewing of the fat rear tire so well which is one of the things most people like about it. Me included. But, to be fair I have never seen it actually mounted on a V-Rod with the license plate on.
I am going to side mount it so the 200 Metz shows. Unless someone posts great photos of it looking really good.

·
Pat's Fan
363 Posts
I dont know whos bike that is but they should be ashamed of themselfs..............zipties to secure the plate on to that god awful looking lic plate holder :confused: ...........BOO HOO (and not in the halloween way)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Go to www.RMDBILLET.com They make great plate holders and blinker relocate kits...... Tell Shannon the Bartels sent you! They are also working on flush mount front axle kits and many, many V-rod Billet parts!!!!

·
Hooligan
416 Posts
That is different looking. No bad, adds more of a futuristic look.

I wonder why they didn't trim up the inner fender? (yes, I trimmed up the fender mounts too, but they still stick down a bit, and from what I have read, they are only needed if you have saddle bags, so off they will go)

·
The Heavycycles Guy
6,785 Posts
that's the license plate lamp hanging out on the red bike.

I've talked to the guys over at RMD... they seem like good guys and make some nice products.

·
Metal Guitarist
5,201 Posts
my buddy that owns miami wild rides has that relocator (for the v-rod) on a custom chopper he built that has a 240 tire....it looks sweet and just adds to the looks, doesnt take away from it any IMHO

·
Twisted!!!!!!!
1,471 Posts
Pictures were very helpful. Thanks!
Butt ugly! Just an opinion.
Will sidemount.

·
Ghost Rider
533 Posts
Which is that seat on RMD's V-Rod??? It's awfully wide.

As to the plate holder, pretty cool, need to wait for the lighted version though.

Eduard - PR? Yo tambien, bueno antes de mudarme a Florida.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Shannon over at RMD is building the lighted version for my V-Rod right now. (my bike is at his shop for fitting and testing) He is also working on the blinker relocate kit and shock covers. Next we are going to work on a Billet swingarm and three peice rear wheel for a 240 wheel kit just for the V-Rod.:jeannie:

·
Registered
424 Posts
As soon as we get some pics of the lighted version we'll let you guys know - shouldn't be too long. We're working on getting the correct L.E.D. setup right now. One challenge we've found is finding a good, discrete path for running the wiring into the chassis of the bike. Two potential options are running it up through the inside of the shock spring or snaking it up inside the belt gaurd - neither very user friendly. Anyone have any ideas?

Talk to ya lata.

·
Twisted!!!!!!!
1,471 Posts
We may need to rename this thread and leave out the Rizoma.
Are non lighted versions legal in any state? RMD
I am thinking on ordering it without a light but want to first compare it to the lighted version. More may not better unless absolutely necessary (law enforcement).

ErVikingo, do you think cops here in PR will care about a non lighted license plate? Ever ride here? Caguas.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts