Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings!!

I've purchased both rizoma handbar and headlight protection ...
any experiences with installing both of them !!
most of the ppl i've see who have the rizoma parts they only have the handbar without the headlight protection ?!!
-__- !!!
Hereunder some pix;

Pls. advice if you have experienced this protection,

·
MODOHOLIC ANONYMOUS
7,448 Posts
i can't see the pics.. i have the bars but i am not sure what you mean by headlight protection.. oh, and welcome!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Installed the handlebars recently

I found that the instrumentation cluster touches the air box cover the lock position this has led to 2 chips in the paint on the air box cover. This is on a 2009 DX. Not sure if any one else has encountered this problem?

Did not go with the headlight cover. I have left the stock cowling off as well.

Cheers,
Colin

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
Rizoma bar Spacers

I found that the instrumentation cluster touches the air box cover the lock position this has led to 2 chips in the paint on the air box cover. This is on a 2009 DX. Not sure if any one else has encountered this problem?

Did not go with the headlight cover. I have left the stock cowling off as well.

Cheers,
Colin
Without your pictures:banghead::stilpoke:
I'm thinking you need to fabricate a spacer ,as others have done.The spacer will lift bars and instrument cluster/speedometer gauge off airbox.The spacer is typically an aluminum block with 2 holes. Two under bar mount bolts are threaded through this block.You'll also need longer bolts with spacer block.

Welcome to the Forum:D

PS:I'm thinking the headlight cover/cowl issue threw us all for a loop?
Rizoma most likely had Italian instructions.

Use Search Function:
Search: "Rizoma bar spacer".....forum member "litox" has thread with pictures....AOW please help me list that thread here.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Many thanks for the great replies =)

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts

·
brett
9,338 Posts
i have them and had the same problem ,there should be a small spacer in the kit and then if u turn the bracket that mounts the gauges upside down ,i will not touch ,the only diffeence will be the guage cluster will be about 2 cms above the bars ,which is not really noticeable ,hope that helps

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
Check AOW thread above and click "HERE IT IS "

·
Registered
121 Posts
Thanks guys.

Brett the spacer that should be in the kit...does it go between the top of the forks and the handle bar / cluster mount? Do you have any pics?

Attachments

·
brett
9,338 Posts
the spacer goes in the same place as the one in aow link its just not as thick as that one ,so it goes triple tree, spacer then the big bit the actual bars and cluster bracket fit to ,i will see if i can find a pic,just noticed u have the new version ,have a look at forum member sinics gallery and u will see how his is done

·
MODOHOLIC ANONYMOUS
7,448 Posts
i added a 1 inch spacer as well as the stock spacer and it works like a dream.. have a machine shop make you one.. pretty easy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts