Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

I am looking for the rizoma handlebars with the chrome housing for the speedo. As in the image link.

If there is a similar handlebar with speedo housing that will be good too.

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
VRSC est -03
2,666 Posts
Looks great! And the B2 version runs hidden wiring, something Rizoma didn`t do.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did actually shorten the cables. It wasn’t really necessary but I wanted it to look clean. I shortened throttle cables, shortened brake line and clutch line. I extended the hand control wires and finished them with techflex braided sleeving (chromexc) and put the connectors in the battery well. To get the extra space for the wiring I purchased the lithium antigravity small form factory battery.

I purchased the HelPerformance kit for the brake which includes the splitter that goes under the triple tree:

And the clutch line from Helperformance:

For the throttle cables I bought the matching braided ones from venhill:

If you have any other questions I’ll be happy to help :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello,

I am looking for the rizoma handlebars with the chrome housing for the speedo. As in the image link.

If there is a similar handlebar with speedo housing that will be good too.

Thank you

Looks great! Does the set-up also work with the stock brake, clutch and throttle cables as well? What speedometer housing model did you use? cheers Tom

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looks great! Does the set-up also work with the stock brake, clutch and throttle cables as well? What speedometer housing model did you use? cheers Tom
Hello,

It does work with the stock brake, clutch and throttle cables. I did change mine as I wanted them to look new. See my post above and I have links to what I ordered.

I used a VRSCF (muscle) speedometer and housing. I sent my Speedo off to DutchLED and he made it look pretty.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello,

It does work with the stock brake, clutch and throttle cables. I did change mine as I wanted them to look new. See my post above and I have links to what I ordered.

I used a VRSCF (muscle) speedometer and housing. I sent my Speedo off to DutchLED and he made it look pretty.

Thanks - the setup looks great. Regarding the speedo housing - did Scott and the team help you with finding one or did you find one on eBay? I have been looking for alternative housings as I know the VRSCA one will not fit with these bars - not found anyone yet unfortunately. I understand that other housing will work as well (B, D, DX). Do you know if you can re-use your VRSCA speedometer with the VRSCF housing?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks - the setup looks great. Regarding the speedo housing - did Scott and the team help you with finding one or did you find one on eBay? I have been looking for alternative housings as I know the VRSCA one will not fit with these bars - not found anyone yet unfortunately. I understand that other housing will work as well (B, D, DX). Do you know if you can re-use your VRSCA speedometer with the VRSCF housing?
I just bought one on eBay. Scott did say he could help but I researched it a bit and decided to go with the VRSCF. If you look at the other housings they normally attach to the clamshell and have a bigger opening on the underside of the housing. The VRSCF housing has the smallest opening that fits the Speedo wiring.

You cannot use the VRSCA housing in a VRSCF Speedo.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just bought one on eBay. Scott did say he could help but I researched it a bit and decided to go with the VRSCF. If you look at the other housings they normally attach to the clamshell and have a bigger opening on the underside of the housing. The VRSCF housing has the smallest opening that fits the Speedo wiring.

You cannot use the VRSCA housing in a VRSCF Speedo.

Great! Thanks for your help. Then I take it that I need to look for a VRSCF housing and speedo and totally remove my VRSCA setup. I need to continue search eBay :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts