Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Twisted!!!!!!!
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How about the Rizoma drag bars. They look great but, are they uncomfortable? SIX HUNDRED dollars.
I showed the Red Rizoma bike pics to some friends since on my iPaq. Wife found out and ordered them so I WILL put them on. They look nasty:diablo: but will they hurt me or the "V-Rod experience".:biker:

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
If your wife ordered them you have to used them.Is that with the gauge cluster also?Theres a Rizoma V-rod for sale on the cycle Trader.I showed John maybe he will post a pic.It looked very Nice!:fahr38

·
The Heavycycles Guy
6,785 Posts
jeeze, doesn't anyone want to put ape hangers on their 'rod?

;)

drag bars rule! :D

·
If You Ain't Cav...
2,069 Posts
I don't wan't to do it, but I do want to SEE it! I like to watch!

Mike

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
They look and are supposed to be uncomfortable.

Kaz the cycle trader web site is currently down. I'll try to post pics of the Rizoma bike later.

John

·
Twisted!!!!!!!
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kaz
She is my wife and I :1273: her BUT (butt) really, we are talking about my beloved :notworthy V. She has to look good but most of all FEEL good (I'm referring to both). I will use them (the bars - on the bike!), at least for a while. She will understand if I tell her they may kill me or something, NOT! Will end up :eck06
Yes they came with the gauge cluster.

Ketsugo
Because they look and most of all, are supposed to be uncomfortable, I wanted your feedback with these bars. $600 just seems like a ripoff and should not be encouraged. They do seem excellent quality, really good pieces.
But you see! The photos posted would make me go get them myself. :diablo:Hot bike and the flame job has nothing to do with it. I still think D+D's are the best looking pipes around.

VRODScout
I'll probably take them off in a week or two. You can watch.

Drag bars rule! It is true!

·
Twisted!!!!!!!
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Put them on. Fine for now.
Long ride test pending.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
I like the Bars Sam made me!:diablo:

Attachments

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Not sure I had my chromed also.Give him a Call 1-602-242-6099:cool:

·
Twisted!!!!!!!
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Now I have some time with them and can say it's been good so far. I guess if you are more of a traditional rider and have saddlebags and prefer touring then possibly not for you.

Missed the sportbike feel. Closer because of riding position now. Have not been in a ride longer than an hour, but so far no pain on hands, wrists, or back. Feels much better at speed. In a scale 1(Water bed) to 10(Osamas nail mattress) and for reference only, a Gixxer or a Duc would be an 8 or 9, stock V-Rod is a 2 or 3, the R1 is an 8, 954RR is a 7, now I would place my Vrod at a 5. In the end it will all depend on your height, body habitus, and particular preference.

Besides the fact that other peoples reaction to the bike certainly is different now and I think it to be secondary to a more aggressive stance I do believe the bike looks much better now.

I'm having problems with turn signals not turning off after attaining the perpendicular position. Will check the manual. AND the guy who instaled them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts