Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Rineharts with the power commander with map M809-029. My fuel mileage has gone to shit. I am running topless and she is running rich. When I wack on the throttle she puffs out black smoke, and shoots flames at night. Its a great show! I want to try to get close to the stock fuel mileage as possible. Anyone running a different map? There isn't a good tuner over here in Fort Myers that I trust. The local Dynojet tuner wants $250 to tune my bike and I dont feel comfortable with them after talking to them. Any suggestions please?

Thanks

Matthew

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
Vrodrick74 has the same setup as you.PM him for his map he made 108hp.

·
found my old avatar
1,200 Posts
matthew: have you tried any other maps? M809-030 is for stage 1 ecm (?) and your pipes. Maybe that would lean it out a little? I am curious because I have a power commander and supertrapps on the way and hope to find the correct map for my set-up while avoiding dyno time charges. Keep us posted, please. :ride:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I installed the M809-030 and the black smoke seems to be gone, I guess I really need to take on a longer ride than around the block a few times. Thanks for the input guys I will keep you posted on how she does on fuel.

Later

Matthew

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hi Matt

Are you running the Rhinehart 2 into 2 staggered drag pipes? I just put a pair on and I'm waiting for my PC111 to come in so very interested in your experience. Thanks, Fred fry :D :cheers: guy

methyman said:
I installed the M809-030 and the black smoke seems to be gone, I guess I really need to take on a longer ride than around the block a few times. Thanks for the input guys I will keep you posted on how she does on fuel.

Later

Matthew

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the 2 into 2 staggered drag pipes. I love them, the bike sounds great. I put the M809-030 map and put the air box lid back on and it seems to be running alot cleaner and way better on fuel. The fuel light used come on at 75 to 80 miles, now it come on with 90 miles. I used to be on the Empty with about 100 miles. I had 100 miles on the tank of fuel today and till had just below 1/4 tank of fuel. I have make a appointment to get it tuned at Cycle Rama in a few weeks just to make me a custom map and to make sure she running good.

Later

Matthew

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey fredfryguy...

I'm waiting on a PCIIIusb also, any word on when they are coming? :banghead: You going to Bike week?

Steve

·
Registered
204 Posts
No & yes!

Steve, No word from eagle Motorcycles on the P111, yes I'll be in Myrtle Beach for 2 or 3 days. be happy to catch up with ya!

Matt, Thanks for the reply on your Rhineharts, Steve and I will watching this thread to see how ya coming along.
See ya, Fredfryguy :cheers:

sicv-rod said:
I'm waiting on a PCIIIusb also, any word on when they are coming? :banghead: You going to Bike week?

Steve

·
onequickvrod
202 Posts
rineharts with power commander

i have rineharts and pc111 and the 029 map i have found a very bad stumble between 3000 and 4000 rpms but mine is very lean topless here too and now a short stack too i have richened it up one bar and it helped but need to go up one more been told the batterys are going bad in many rods and it will make the bikes seem very weak through to rpm range thats where i'm at with mine one day its awesome the next day it runs like shit starting to really piss me off 03 blk and slv rineharts topless short stack and more goodies to come lol

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
onequickvrod said:
i have rineharts and pc111 and the 029 map i have found a very bad stumble between 3000 and 4000 rpms but mine is very lean topless here too and now a short stack too i have richened it up one bar and it helped but need to go up one more been told the batterys are going bad in many rods and it will make the bikes seem very weak through to rpm range thats where i'm at with mine one day its awesome the next day it runs like shit starting to really piss me off 03 blk and slv rineharts topless short stack and more goodies to come lol
My suggestion, either find a Dyno tuner that knows what they are doing and get the bike properly tuned (the maps from the PC website are crap) or dump the PCIII and get a TFI / Race Fueler. Much easier to tune without a dyno.

IMHO the battery issue is :bs: The V-Rods aren't having any more problems with batteries then other Harleys. If you suspect a battery problem take it to a dealer or buy the electical service manual. There's a very detailed procedure to locate and correct battery drain issues.

·
TRANNY KILLER :)
14,572 Posts
Just got my bike back a couple days ago... running better than ever! Rineharts, topless, k&n af, Stage 1 Flash, PC3 USB with a custom map.... I now have much better throttle response over the entire band of rev's and my top speed has gone up close to 10mph!!! She's purring now.... you can tune the Rineharts, but the guy on the Dyno has got to know what he's doing!.... I'm sure the Techlusion works, but so does a PC3!!!

Dyno run.... 104.3 HP and 76.3 lbs of Torque

Good enough for now.... big bore kit in my future! :eek:

·
COOLER RIDER
5,180 Posts
Johnny HotFoot said:
Just got my bike back a couple days ago... running better than ever! Rineharts, topless, k&n af, Stage 1 Flash, PC3 USB with a custom map.... I now have much better throttle response over the entire band of rev's and my top speed has gone up close to 10mph!!! She's purring now.... you can tune the Rineharts, but the guy on the Dyno has got to know what he's doing!.... I'm sure the Techlusion works, but so does a PC3!!!

Dyno run.... 104.3 HP and nearly 70 lbs of Torque
Glad to here your running better.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Cool Johnny! I was going to PM you to see if you had gotten it back.. I'll see you at the ride this Sunday.

·
TRANNY KILLER :)
14,572 Posts
mvrod said:
Cool Johnny! I was going to PM you to see if you had gotten it back.. I'll see you at the ride this Sunday.
I'll be there! Just remember to bring your ear plugs! :eek:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts