Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally got the SE Dbbl barrels off and the Rineharts on. The install is basically pretty easy, but the pipes are hand-built, so they require a little "massaging" to get everything to line up. Even after adjusting and re-adjusting the rear pipe a hundred times, the inside of the pipe still rubs (just barely) on the swingarm pivot bolt cover. I was a little frustrated by the install, until I fired up my bike. HOLY SHEET! I didn't know exactly what to expect, but the sound is killer! Maybe a little on the loud side, but I've never heard a V Rod that sounded like this. It's a very deep, throaty burble and sounds much better than the SE's. In fact, baddass comes to mind. I didn't think I really wanted a pipe that was this loud, but it sounds so good it makes me grin like a ninny every time I twist that throttle. I also took the snorkel off of the air box and installed the EFI Race Tuner kit. I'm not sure, but I'm told that I'll really feel a power difference once I can get it dialed in on a dyno. Unfortunately my local shop shares their dyno with a couple of other shops, so it'll be a week or two before I can make that happen. I need to get a video camera that I can take Mpeg's with so I can share the sound with you guys.

Mark

·
Registered Confuser
828 Posts
Sounds awesome. Please post pics and dyno results when you get 'em. Im very interested in exhaust mods, but wary of the HP results of aftermarket pipes.
:ride:
Sam

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
V-RAD,
The guy who built my bike and set the RT Tune is right near you.He has his own Dyno and really know his $hit! :notworth: Give Sam a call at Cycle Dynamics 1-602-242-6099 tell'm I refered ya! ;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Super Kaz said:
V-RAD,
The guy who built my bike and set the RT Tune is right near you.He has his own Dyno and really know his $hit! :notworth: Give Sam a call at Cycle Dynamics 1-602-242-6099 tell'm I refered ya! ;)
Yo Kaz,
I just hung up with Sam. I'm going to get my bike to him in the next week or two. Thanks for the info!

Mark

·
Chad 02 V-ROD
1,364 Posts
Rinehart

Does anyone have a wav file for the rinehart exhaust. I took a vid of my self modded pipes but it is .mov format and 3 meg but shawn has his on there and they sound just like his. lovin them but would like to hear the Rineharts :spank: :spank:

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Mark,
Thats Great News!Sam is Very Good People.Keep us posted the fun has Just Begun! :diablo:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
runit1971 said:
Does anyone have a wav file for the rinehart exhaust. I took a vid of my self modded pipes but it is .mov format and 3 meg but shawn has his on there and they sound just like his. lovin them but would like to hear the Rineharts :spank: :spank:
I'm all over this. I'm going to try to get an mpeg loaded this weekend. I've never done that before, but I'm sure Max will help me out if I need it.

Mark-

1 - 9 of 9 Posts