Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a set of used 2-2 Rineharts. What does the stock baffle look like? When I look down the pipe it looks like there is two baffles in it.

·
05 Blue VRSCSE Owner
179 Posts
It's approximately 8-10" long, and is the same circumference all the way around with eraser-size holes in the baffle. You don't have to remove the endcaps to remove the baffle, but there is a screw/nut that holds the baffle in. It's a little tricky to get the baffle out, I was creative and used a deep socket wrapped around a hangar to lodge the socket in there and pull the baffle out. If you are removing the baffle, I recommend putting masking tape on the endcaps to prevent scratches while pulling the baffle out. I replaced the stock baffle with the "Stealth" baffle, which is of course no longer manufactured and are VERY hard to find. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response. Mine is about 10 inches long with a bunch of triangle protruding towards the inside of the pipe. The thing is after the baffle at the end of the pipe there is a couple of inches with out the triangles and and then the same thing for another 10 inches. Is this what the stealth baffle looks like or could it be two installed into the pipe?

·
05 Blue VRSCSE Owner
179 Posts
That sounds like just the baffle that comes with the pipe. The stealth baffle is the same diameter as the stock baffle, but it has a narrow section in the middle, and is about 14" long. Those "holes" I was trying to explain are just what you said, protruding triangles and they don't go the length of the baffle. There's approx 4" of "dead space" on each end of the baffle.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok. Thanks for the response. Did you see a big difference with the stealth? I don't mind the one that is in it, but wouldn't mind it being a little quieter.

Thanks again for the help.

·
05 Blue VRSCSE Owner
179 Posts
It's a little quieter than the stock baffle. The biggest change I noticed is when I wear my FF helmet, it's now bearable. I think it was well worth it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts