Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
9 second club member
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What manufactures are there that make wheels for the :vrod: with the cush drive. And what is the time it takes to get the wheels. Over the weekend I just Hit a pot hole and Now I have 2 bent rims on my rod. Time is a big thing do to the fact that im going to Mytle Beach the first part of May.

Thanks for the help.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Check with Ernie at Breathless Performance he might be one of the few who stocks some trick stuff! :kaz: Nick P. got stuff from him for his Master Piece! :thumb:

Ozzy's might have some cool chrome stocker available! :cool:

·
Registered
126 Posts
there are some on ebay right now under vrod...last bid 355$ along with pulley,rotors,tire

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
As of last count there are about 3 vendors making wheels for the V-Rod that have the cush drive;

PM (correct sizes, pulleys and brake rotors available)
Xtreem Machine (NO 19x3 front wheel, correct pulleys and rotors available)
Florida Kustom. marketed on-line @ http://www.custom-motorcycle-wheels.com/ (Correct wheel sizes and rotors available, no 72 tooth pulleys But their cush drive adaptor lets you use the stock pulley)

There's also been talk the Weld (Evo) will have a cush drive soon.

·
9 second club member
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With these few choices do I have to change my pulleys and brakes at this time or can they be things that are changed one at a time

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
If they have a cush drive adaptor you should be able to use your stock pulley. Rotors, on the other hand, will probably have to be changed since our wheels mount the rotors differently than any other Harley. BTW, PM makes and adaptor that allows you to use your stock rotors but it's almost as expensive as new rotors and looks like crap IMHO :(

·
9 second club member
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what is the web site for Xtreem Machine. Being that im on a tight budget I dont really have much choice in hoping for something to work with stock items or back to stock rims. boy does this really suck.

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Matt,

Check out getting yours fixed! Forget what the dealer might say, if it's just bent then it probably can be repaired. Here's a link to one such company. http://www.mcwheel.com/motorcycle.html

Do a search on google or yahoo, there's a dozen wheel repair shops, most do motorcycle rims as well.

·
9 second club member
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I guess the next question may be for Kaz. If I make the change to chain is the cush drive still and issue or not

·
Have Gun Will Travel
1,008 Posts
For the price that stock wheels have been going for on EBay, I would consider one of those until you figure out what aftermarket wheels you want. Cheap fix and no problem with rotors and pulley compatibility.

·
Submariner
186 Posts
I'll have a stock front at the end of the week. PM me if you want to go that route until you find what you want.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Sam has a Bolt on chainconversion for your stock cushdrive setup!Call him and tell'm I referred ya!1-602-242-6099 :kaz:

·
9 second club member
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the help.

ubetyerazz,
I May take you up on that one. Going to the dealer this afternoon to get them to check it out and Vdot told me to send a letter with the cost to fix it. Bad thing is they said it will take 45 days at least to get back to me. And I have a trip planed to go to Mytle Beach the first part of May so right now time is not on my side

Kaz.
I will give him a call right along with choppersteve today

1 - 14 of 14 Posts