Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Rollin' Hills
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK---So I'am running the speed limit (45) on the left side of the right lane on a two-lane road. As I'am passing a right turn only lane This FOOLISH cager in a blacked-out SUV, passes me on the right-cuts in front of me, and continues on to the far left lane. Right about then we caught a red light. I split laned the PERSON, stoped next to him, destroyed his rear-view mirror, told him what I thought of his actions---and would he care to discuss the matter furthur!! The light changed--I screwed-it-on and into the right lane and pulled-over. This a$$whole made a real fast left turn, and was gone! This is a small town, I'am sure I'll see him again. Be carefull out there folks!

Later---Rollin'

·
Still here, sort of
17,374 Posts
:eek:
Glad you weren't hurt or killed!

·
Steve
1,402 Posts
road rage at its finest! good thing he didnt hit you first time or second time. be careful, here in fla everyone has guns!

·
George
5,411 Posts
williekimp1964 said:
road rage at its finest! good thing he didnt hit you first time or second time. be careful, here in fla everyone has guns!
I was just gonna say...... even a V can't outrun well placed lead!

·
THAWING In Montana
344 Posts
I'd be pissed too, but you gotta be careful. there's always that idiot with a weapon.

·
Kicking cancer's ass
969 Posts
Blacked out SUV? Coulda been "The Man". That woulda sucked.

·
Turbo Lover
140 Posts
I probably would've lane split, dinged the mirror, and called it even. When you call someone out of their car, you never know what's going to happen.

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
I have liberated numerous mirrors myself, but if the get out some times they have bats or more.
Good job but be careful.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Rollin' Hills said:
OK---So I'am running the speed limit (45) on the left side of the right lane on a two-lane road. As I'am passing a right turn only lane This FOOLISH cager in a blacked-out SUV, passes me on the right-cuts in front of me, and continues on to the far left lane. Right about then we caught a red light. I split laned the PERSON, stoped next to him, destroyed his rear-view mirror, told him what I thought of his actions---and would he care to discuss the matter furthur!! The light changed--I screwed-it-on and into the right lane and pulled-over. This a$$whole made a real fast left turn, and was gone! This is a small town, I'am sure I'll see him again. Be carefull out there folks.

Later---Rollin'
Hey bro, sorry to hear about your situation but please let me give you a piece of advice...
In 2003 my uncle purchased a BEAUTIFUL 100th anniversary edition Heritage springer.
One night he decided to go to Target. On the way to Target, someone in a lifted truck cut him off. My uncle had to slam onto the brakes. Obviously, he was pissed off and he did what you did, rolled next to the dude (who was in the left turn lane) and told him what he thought of him.
After the words were exchanged, the light turned green, and my uncle went about 2 blocks up and into the Target parking lot.
Confrontation over right?
Wrong.
The dude in the truck cut across 3 lanes of traffic; chased down my uncle in the parking lot; and hit him at 55mph.
My uncle is now paralyzed on his left side and cannot feel anything on his right side.
The police finally found the guy. He is serving a 10yr sentence in San Quentin but my uncle is serving a life sentence.
cage 1, biker 0.

Please be safe everyone out there. I know there are some dumb motherf**kers but think of it this way, Darwinism hasn't failed yet. Natural selection will weed out the stupid ones.

·
Registered
683 Posts
NorcalNiteRod said:
Hey bro, sorry to hear about your situation but please let me give you a piece of advice...
In 2003 my uncle purchased a BEAUTIFUL 100th anniversary edition Heritage springer.
One night he decided to go to Target. On the way to Target, someone in a lifted truck cut him off. My uncle had to slam onto the brakes. Obviously, he was pissed off and he did what you did, rolled next to the dude (who was in the left turn lane) and told him what he thought of him.
After the words were exchanged, the light turned green, and my uncle went about 2 blocks up and into the Target parking lot.
Confrontation over right?
Wrong.
The dude in the truck cut across 3 lanes of traffic; chased down my uncle in the parking lot; and hit him at 55mph.
My uncle is now paralyzed on his left side and cannot feel anything on his right side.
The police finally found the guy. He is serving a 10yr sentence in San Quentin but my uncle is serving a life sentence.
cage 1, biker 0.

Please be safe everyone out there. I know there are some dumb motherf**kers but think of it this way, Darwinism hasn't failed yet. Natural selection will weed out the stupid ones.
dude, this story is terrible.sorry to hear about this kind of mindless anger.

like the others say, you just don't know how f****d the other guy is...while i want to kick out their lights / rip off their mirrors, kick in their door...and then some, this won't stop them acting like an a$$hole in the future (probably just make it worse and make them want to get revenge on another biker...) and you could end up with a very bad surprise...

·
Smokebomb King
5,211 Posts
those stories are crappy. I've ha da few instances where i would've like to take some action, but did not. Though i did get a guy's plate, and now have his home address and name. If something is ever going to happen, it will be when they don't know its happening. At least they can't retaliate that way.

·
Ducking for cover!
8,455 Posts
Had you done that here in Texas, we'd likely be reading your obit!

·
1130cc Mike
1,860 Posts
Yea, most people have no idea what they did to a rider since they are so distracted. If I was sitting at a light and had a biker come up and start smashing my mirror or kicking in my door, I'd shoot him dead in self defense if I were carrying.

·
Nate
3,277 Posts
Rocketdoc422 said:
I probably would've lane split, dinged the mirror, and called it even. When you call someone out of their car, you never know what's going to happen.
I've had something similar to that happen to me with an 18 wheeler. I was cussing and yelling at the red light telling him to get out of the cab. Man was that stupid. No telling what he had in his cab with him. Bat, Gun, Lot Lizard....

·
Banned
15,036 Posts
Nate552 said:
I've had something similar to that happen to me with an 18 wheeler. I was cussing and yelling at the red light telling him to get out of the cab. Man was that stupid. No telling what he had in his cab with him. Bat, Gun, Lot Lizard....
duct tape and jar of vaseline, some Lionel Richie records and TAG body spray...

·
Nucking Futs
1,109 Posts
That wasn't the best course of action, but I understand how you felt...I destroyed a driver's cell phone when she caused an accident and left the scene. But, the one she hurt was a LEO so it was all good except for her.

If you confront a motorist, you damn well better be ready to escape or be well armed as you never know what kind of crack-induced, coked-up, ex-con that could be behind the wheel of that SUV or other 4-wheeled box with a DOI aboard (driver of ignorance).

My recommendation: I like wearing a FF helmet with smoked/mirrored faceshield for any altercation. It gets the errant driver quite nervous to see a Harley rider with that faceless helmet staring at them..no hand gestures...just the faceless helmet stare. Then, follow them loosely for a few miles (within reason) and let them get skull crazy and do something stupid on their own accord. More often than not they'll attract the unwanted attention of a local LEO who's looking for an easy 3for1 ticket giveaway. Odds are, the idiot will get caught for speeding, improper lane use and no signal use all in one stop...possibly along with a no-insurance/registration ticket for good measure.

That's the way to get even. What would they do when they get pulled over, tell the cop that "the motorcycle rider over there was trying to run me over"? Be careful out there and keep your cool.

_____

1 - 20 of 24 Posts