Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did rifle go out of buisness? Was wanting to get a taller replacement for my F. I can't get their web site to come up anymore. Been trying for over a week. :lamer:

·
Registered
69 Posts
With the factory windshield on my f wobbles at faster speeds. Only happened really bad once, but it was enough to make me reconsider and take it off. Kind of a pisser, but the bike looks much better and it completely stable without it.

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
when we were away on ours fully loaded, probably overloaded really i took it up to 6k revs in top 110mph and no problems with windshield fitted. plenty more to go but the helmet the wife was wearing started to lift which resulted in me getting a tap on my back to slow a bit. tried it again and the same thing happened at the same speed.

·
Registered Boozer
1,529 Posts
I'm very pleased with my HD quick release shield. Blocks wind and looks great, IMO.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Guys, thanks for your opinions but that was NOT what I was asking for. I have the harley shield on it now. If I put my hand over the top of the shield by about 2 or 3 inches, my glasses stop shakeing around on my face. Rifle makes a 2in. and 4in. taller shield which would do the same thing.
I do a lot of long distance riding and this would make it more pleasureable. When I'm in the mood to go out and run her over 120 mph, I take off the shield and put on a full face.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The website is still available, www.rifle.com, just went to it. I got a 4" taller windshield, it looks pretty funny but there is less buffeting, I'm 6'1". I took my Harley shield and cut it in half, it still looks decent and takes a lot of the pressure off your chest on highway rides.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Still trying the windshield for long highway trips. It does keep wind off chest. Just added 8 small washers to change the angle of windshild. Making it more upright, so the air might go above face. Put them on pegs that plug into handle bars. I'll let you know if it works.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just put on my 3" over stock windshield from Rifle and it made a world of difference. Now the wind goes above my helmet not into it. I think it looks fine on the bike.

·
Registered
257 Posts
The washers worked. Screws are long enough to add a 5th washer on each peg. Doing that next. Makes windshild more up right and deflects wind above face instead of into face.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts