Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rifle Windshield Solo X for DX - All hardware and 2 shields included - used once

Rifle Windshield Solo Shield. This is a kit that Rifle sells for the DX but it can be mounted on most other bikes I imagine. It's quick release and comes off easy with just 2 bolts. You can adjust it to any height and angle. I have 2 windshields for it, one is the original 20 inch version, and another one I ordered that is 17 inches. Both of them are light grey tint. I used both windshields once last season. Selling because I am buying a 2nd bike for long distance riding. Windshield works well, had the bike up to 110 mph and it didn't bend over. Also comes with 2 clamps that mount to your handle bars which are still on the bike.

Link to shield: http://rifle.com/SoloShield X(tm) for Harley-Davidson Night Rod VRSCD-P2403.aspx

Price: $ 300 shipped with both shields.

SOLD

Low upright sissy bar part # 51313-07
Fender base plate kit chrome part # 51138-07
Smooth look pad part # 51782-07
Luggage rack gloss black part # 51142-04A

All items were bought used and are in really good condition. Never installed on my bike. You will have to powder coat the fender base plate black to match.

Selling this as a package:

Price: $ 300 shipped

Attachments

·
PEPE
617 Posts
Quick question: would you be willing to just sell me the luggage rack? Its an amazing deal you got going on, i just already have everything else. Let me know on a PM if it would be possible.

Thanks.

·
Registered
171 Posts
do you still have the small screen? poss interested in both if they must go together.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I was wondering if you guys can help me out. I just bought a rifle windshield for my V Rod muscle but it didn't come with any brackets. Rifle website said it was quick release but it only came with a screen. Did they forget to give me the brackets or do I have to order those seperate?

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was wondering if you guys can help me out. I just bought a rifle windshield for my V Rod muscle but it didn't come with any brackets. Rifle website said it was quick release but it only came with a screen. Did they forget to give me the brackets or do I have to order those seperate?
If you bought the Rifle solo shield X setup for 299.99 then you should have all the brackets and hardware to mount it on your muscle. If you bought the replacement screens Rifle makes for the stock mounting setup from Harley, then you only got the windshield and probably just paid $ 100.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Thanks Bumbo, yes I only bought the windshield for $100. Can I order the brackets from Harley and will it fit on the rifle windshield? Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
do you still have the small screen? poss interested in both if they must go together.
I'm interested in the large screen if Tassie only wants the small and the brackets. Is the headlight the same diameter on the DX and the F?

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
Nevermind, just realized that it fits OVER the headlight cowl on the DX.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Bumbo, yes I only bought the windshield for $100. Can I order the brackets from Harley and will it fit on the rifle windshield? Thanks for your help.
You will need to special order the replacement parts, I am not sure how that can be done. The kit for the muscle already comes with a windshield, and since you already have one it doesn't make sense, and it's probably cheaper to just buy the brackets. Ask your dealer.

Also make sure the Rifle shield you have fits the OEM Harley bracekts and isn't just a replacement shield for the Rifle mounting hardware.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nevermind, just realized that it fits OVER the headlight cowl on the DX.
Yup it fits over the cowl, but you could probably use it on a bike without the cowl pretty efficiently. One of the guys on this forum has the cowl taken off and uses this windshield.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'd like to sell them together, unless the other guy just wants the large screen and you take the smaller? Shipping is expensive though so I am not sure how much of a good price I could give you. It's a big awkward box.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks Bumbobee, spoke to the dealership and he said we can order the brackets to fit the windshield.
Just curious, how much are the parts running you on their own vs the full price of the windshield kit.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Take it all for $ 575. Get your bike ready for touring with windshield and sissy bar setup with rack.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts