Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any one here ride the darkside?

for any that do not know the darkside is using a car tire in the rear.

when i had my warrior i ran a 245/45/17 (mc size was 200/55/17)
it was fine did 40k miles in 2 yrs but not sure if i am going dark on the rod

·
Registered
47 Posts
I used to ride a valkyrie. It was a standard mod on the rear wheel and did not affect performance. I did not try it myself. The biggest thing to consider though is that valkyrie's were not used on many hard turns, mostly highway. If you try it, I would like some feedback on your experience.

·
Registered
684 Posts
any one here ride the darkside?

for any that do not know the darkside is using a car tire in the rear.

when i had my warrior i ran a 245/45/17 (mc size was 200/55/17)
it was fine did 40k miles in 2 yrs but not sure if i am going dark on the rod
Ok what is it with you guy's in AZ ? and tires that is where my friend is from and he has a 2012 night rod and of all thing's he had a 200 put on the back instead of the 240 it looks good ballooned out and looks wide I have rode the bike and it lay's over in the corners good and easy it not some thing I would do but when I ask him why he did it he said just because I could. the guy here in town at the bike shop that put it on told him when you want it off go get a Saw and cut it off your self.

·
Premium Member
11,390 Posts
My understanding of "riding the dark side" means installing automobile tires on a motorcycle. Am I wrong here?

·
Registered
224 Posts
I'm running a Forceum 205/45-18 and have not had too much difficulty adapting.
It certainly affects handling, but gives better wet traction and stability. I like it, and expect the tire to last at least 20,000 miles.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
224 Posts
I've had it on about 6 months now. Most of my miles are commuting to and from work. Straight lines, not a whole lot of twisties.
The worst handling is low speed/parking lot maneuvering (let's be honest, the VRod is not know for great handling anyway!) After the first couple hundred miles, I adapted to the characteristics, and don't even notice the change. I also upsized the front to a 130 tire.
PSI is 36 in front, and 44 on the rear.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.