Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a pair of cheap riding sunglasses that have the foam inserts around the lenses...

What do you guys use? I dont like the look of goggles but am open to a pair of good glasses.. I would like to have transitions if possible that work at night.

I usually wear a 1/2 - 3/4 helmet.

Thanks

·
On Good Ol' Nbr7
7,267 Posts
HD perscription lenses with the removable foam backing..... Love 'em. My eyes tend to tear up excessively when hit by wind making it hard to see. Best investment I've made for better riding vision.

HoldHard

Attachments

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
Goggles. I love goggles.

·
On Good Ol' Nbr7
7,267 Posts
rjrivero said:
Goggles. I love goggles.
RJ's old skool..... :D (but man can that dude wrench on a V-Rod..... Thanks again Brother...)

HoldHard

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
HoldHard said:
RJ's old skool..... :D (but man can that dude wrench on a V-Rod..... Thanks again Brother...)

HoldHard
I didn't do anything. So I can't figure out what you're talking about. You brought your bike down, a bunch of tools, and showed me how you install a 5 gallon tank, and now you're thanking me for it? I'm so confused!!! Thank you and your son, Brad, for your company on that hot sweltering day when My dad wanted me to work on my house!! ;)

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
I wear a 1/2 helmet with Wileyx JP-2's. I have prescription lenses in the. I tried the transitionals, but they don't get dark enough for me in sunlight, so I have noth a darl pair and clear ones for at night.

·
Registered
67 Posts
shuntington said:
Curvz sunglasses, they come in a good variety, are CHEAP, comfortable and do a very good job. I got a couple pairs in case of scratching/breaking but my first pair has lasted me a good bit.

http://www.lockitt.com/AccessoriesEyewear.htm#CurvZ
thems look sweet

what color ya got?

im wonderin how that light blue would work @ night time?

·
Bone Stock B Model
8,639 Posts
HoldHard said:

HoldHard

You let RJ work on your bike! :eek: :eek:fftopic:

I wear HD goggles, but I need a new pair.

·
Not in EP anymore
1,693 Posts
Wiley X - SG1s

I have a pair of these with transitional prescription lenses. The ear strap comes off and you can put regular ear pieces on just like regular glasses. The lenses are also interchangeable. I like them because if I have my contacts in I just switch the lenses. If I don't have the contacts in I just put the prescription ones back in.

·
Dustin
696 Posts
SlammedV said:
Panoptx with day/night lenses.............love them
:them:

·
Banned
4,397 Posts
I thinkyou will find 3 high end choices.

HD
Panoptx
Wiley X

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have them both, Panoptx and Wiley X, both have Day/Night lenses and the Panoptx has an additional copper lens insert for bright days.

·
Scott
492 Posts
HoldHard said:
HD perscription lenses with the removable foam backing..... Love 'em. My eyes tend to tear up excessively when hit by wind making it hard to see. Best investment I've made for better riding vision.

HoldHard
How much did they cost you all in with the prescription?

·
On Good Ol' Nbr7
7,267 Posts
devlpr said:
How much did they cost you all in with the prescription?
I thought they were just going to send a set of lenses for the snap-out-lense style frames that I already own. To my suprise, they sent a whose new set of frames, lenses, "cleaning" bag, neck strap and chrome hard shell case.

Total with shipping was around $200 but I've got some coke-bottle bottom lenses and they were still able to fit them into the wrap-around style. There are some limits as to what perscriptions they can accomodate. Send them yours (make sure it's updated) and they will tell you if they can be made.

I like that they stick to my head when I look over my shoulder into the blind spot before making a lane change.... The wind will pull on the back of flat glasses and rip them off your head..... (been there, done that when riding with contact lenses... not fun to watch a $100 pair of riding glasses bounce off the concrete just before getting run over by the cage behind you :banghead: )

HoldHard

·
Scott
492 Posts
HoldHard said:
I thought they were just going to send a set of lenses for the snap-out-lense style frames that I already own. To my suprise, they sent a whose new set of frames, lenses, "cleaning" bag, neck strap and chrome hard shell case.

Total with shipping was around $200 but I've got some coke-bottle bottom lenses and they were still able to fit them into the wrap-around style. There are some limits as to what perscriptions they can accomodate. Send them yours (make sure it's updated) and they will tell you if they can be made.

I like that they stick to my head when I look over my shoulder into the blind spot before making a lane change.... The wind will pull on the back of flat glasses and rip them off your head..... (been there, done that when riding with contact lenses... not fun to watch a $100 pair of riding glasses bound off the concrete just before getting run over by the cage behind you :banghead: )

HoldHard
How long was the whole process from order to receipt?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts