Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to put a JE Illusions rear fender on my X and am going to need to lower the rear to make it look right. Who's running 11.5" shocks on an AW and doing 2 up riding? How is it? and what if any modifications did you have to make to not rub on anything? I'm not paying for 440's, I call BS on the price tag on those things, I figure I'll be going with the 412's, can you order them with different spring rates based on your riding style? I don't see anything about that on progressive's website. Total rider weight with both of us will be about 300 lbs.

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
hmmm good luck,this is exactly what ive been looking into...travis will chime in here soon im sure...he has an AW with 11.5 and will not recommend it for ANY passenger riding.

I will be installing 12" 412s on my 08 DX....the 12" are not available in HD springs from what ive seen....unless you order some for a sportster.

If you ride passenger more then a couple times per year,I would not go any lower then 12".....and if your combined weight is over 300lbs,then I would recommend 12.5" and probably HD springs...just depends how often you passenger.

try MAWonline or walleys....seems to be best for pricing...also,ebay has some great deals .....

WORKS also seem really nice,I have an email into them right now,waiting for more info from them,however i think they are more expensive then 412s.

If you havent got that fender yet,you may want to reconsider installing a D fender which is skinnier then the AW fender...it looks alot better and you wont need to lower the bike to make it look good...and should cost less then JEs....just a suggestion,take alook in the AW stickys for lots of info on this topic.

Dan

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmmm. thanks. The JE fender is enroute already. I love the look of it, it's just like the one Sawdawg has in his gallery, but it will look funny if it's not lowered some.

What a pain in the sack. I was afraid I wouldn't hear what I wanted to hear. I figure an air shock set-up is the only way I'll ever be 100% happy 100% of the time with it, I should probably bite the bullet now and get them the first time around...... Talk about calling BS on the price though! I can put 5000 lbs. airbags on my truck with a compressor for 500 bucks, over a G for bike shocks? WTF?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts