Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Making the UK Fatter
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you UK (or USA if you have it) done the riders edge 2 day advanced course on a V-Rod?. I'm planning on having a go, just to get used to the bike before my new 04 arrives, better to drop theirs than mine. This course is £500 but does get a bit more off insurance (£41) and I've been away from biking for 7 years too (Yamaha YZF750). Yes I know, :chair: I have seen the light now. :moped:

·
Riding around
7,736 Posts
I did the MSF Experienced Rider course last July on the v-rod and had quite a time. The long wheel base made doing the tight turns and Figure 8 quite an adventure, as well as the fact that there were some of the exercises involving shifting into 2nd & 3rd and back that just can't be done on a v-rod at those low parking lot speeds. (I have the stock 30T pulley.) But the instructors took all that into account by letting me stay in first gear and so on, and it was a good learning experience and fun. I might do it again this summer since it's free here in PA.

You'll learn alot about what the bike is like in first gear and emergency braking and so on, so I think it will be worth your time. Enjoy!

Val

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.