Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about trying out a floorboard/mini-footboard set up on my '09 AW.

So far here's my short list:

* HD Mini Footboard Kit
* Boot DR Mini Bullet Board
* HAC
* Cobra Swept Front Floorboards

Anyone used any of the above? Like? Dislikes?

I think the Cobra's look the best, but quite a bit more expensive. Looks like they are the largest foot area of the four.

Thanks for any feedback.:notworth:

·
Premium Member
11,356 Posts
Don't know about any of those but I suggest you do not use any that do not have additional mounting brackets. Avoid any that use the stock H-D mounting pegs because of stress on a individual mount location will be to much to handle. You will be putting more pressure on the floor boards that you do on the stock pegs and consequently you will need a more secure mounting base.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I can only tell you that the kurykayn (sp?) mini iso boards don't work with VRODS. The mount angle is wrong.

·
(.)(.)Modster(.)(.)
7,066 Posts
HAC ones rock. Had them on both my vrods for years, serious comfort.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Make sure you replace the stock bolt that holds the axle/clevis thing into the frame. It is a complete POS.

-Keith

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
I had the boot doctors and took them off 2 days after I bought them and went with Midwest adjustable floorboard.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Kuryakin duelly pegs with heel rests, Almost like having floor boards Looks good and fits perfect, One of my best mods..

·
Premium Member
11,356 Posts
Make sure you get ones that are fully adjustable. Like danny49 I have the Kurykyin with heel rests. Almost as good as floor boards and everything is adjustable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts