Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Then it happend to me yesterday.

On my way home from a Harley event yesterday, a car drove right out in front of me, making me brake so hard that I dropped with the bike.

Damage, some bruses and scrapes on my right hip and leg.

Thye bike sustained damage worth 2000 Euro to the exchaust, Right Cooler cover, the rear barke lever damage and the right handlegrip incl brake lever.

That is the second time a cager have cut me down whitout looking out for traffic during a lane change.

Per

·
Registered
922 Posts
Sorry to hear about the damage to your bike, but at least you survived it and are relatively ok. Perhaps this thread will help for future prevention of a repeat incident.

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39731

I took a different approach and added a blue/white 6000k HID bulb setup in the low beam position and aside from being better for night riding its much more visible during the daylight as well. I don't depend on it to protect me though. I ride like a wuss through intersections.

·
Damaged Goods.....
599 Posts
Good to hear you are fine- the bike can get fixed. Hey did the driver stop? Will their insurance cover the negligence?

·
Another Ski season
2,631 Posts
parkus said:
Glad your OK. Sorry to hear about your bike.
+1, I ride like a wuss through intersections and just about anywhere in town as well- I always slow way down for intersections.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
luckly the driver did stop after quite a bit of hessitation (i believe it was because a police officer on a bicycle was a witness), and his insurance will cover.
I thank you all for your concern.
Unfortunately we do not in Europe have the same lawsuit system as in the US, had we hads that, i would have suied him bigtime and purchased a second Street Rod ;-)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BRUTUS32 said:
Thank god your alright, what happened to the blind idiot in the car? Did they admit to pulling out infront of you?
No Actully he did not admit pulling out in front of me. However a police officer on a bicycle did witness the accident and saw that the driver was at fault.

·
THE DORK-ROD
344 Posts
Glad your ok, bikes can be fixed..

·
Still here, sort of
17,374 Posts
Per,
I am so sorry for your troubles and also are grateful that you are still with us to share you story. Please heal fast and well!

·
Proud R Pilot
372 Posts
Been there, done that! Glad you're OK!

·
come here dummy
34 Posts
Glad to hear that you're ok. Take the time to study what happened and how you could have prevented it. Everyday is a life lesson - like when I dropped my friend's bike coming into a turn to hot.....there were a few that day

1 - 16 of 16 Posts