Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i with a friend on a v-rod will be leaving statesville nc about noon and ridding to the parkway (115-n to 18-n) to stations inn then to ghost riders in elkin or hillside in jefferson.but anyway thats the idea just wherever will work. all welcome to ride

·
Registered
254 Posts
I've ridden the BRP several times... make sure you keep an eye on your gas... gas stations are few and few in between.... couple of tunnels up there too, watch your speed, there's often standing water in the tunnels from natural springs.

·
V's and Z's
4,093 Posts
"The Station"?...in Wilkes County?

Well, that's what I have always heard it called.

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its not in wilkes county its the next one north surry maybe,but it's called stations inn and it's about 1/4 mile past the parkway on 18 in laurel springs. cool place there will be about 200 bikes there on any given sunday.

·
V's and Z's
4,093 Posts
I'm in Surry and 18 ends in the NW corner. If the station isn't in Wilkes, It's in Ashe or Allegheny.

Isn't there a good chance of rain tomorrow?

·
Registered USDA
4,229 Posts
Nice, we drove it when I was a kid going to Florida. Absolutely gorgeous country. I have this down as a ride I want to do by next year. Enjoy & ride safe.

·
V's and Z's
4,093 Posts
I ride it enough to know where the fuel is. :eek:)

·
V's and Z's
4,093 Posts
Where are you meeting? If it looks to be a dry day, I'll head south at 11AM.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
If your talking tomorrow Sunday the 29th, you better bring your rain gear, several thunderstorms tomorrow. I got caught in a severe rain storm in Ashboro to Greensboro this morning around 11:eek:oAM. It was'nt suppose to rain till this afternoon, boy was Van Denton (Fox8 weather) way off on that one. Now I've got lots of chrome to polish. Thanx Van!

·
V's and Z's
4,093 Posts
got no rain gear :eek:(

but that's kewl...I'll just keep the bike dry

·
V's and Z's
4,093 Posts
MegaZ said:
Where are you meeting? If it looks to be a dry day, I'll head south at 11AM.

bump....10:21 now

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
looks bad... its raining here,but we will ride on next sunday

·
V's and Z's
4,093 Posts
I prolly won't be able to, since I work a 24 the night before. We'l hit the road sometime.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts