Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being new to the bike thing (previously driving only to get somewhere) I would appreciate any recommendations of nice roads/scenery or routes I can try. I'm in Richmond, Surrey so anywhere South East or even South West would be helpful.

Thanks

Soda

1,501 Posts
M25 is nice this time of year ;)

I had some nice rides near the A25, riding towards Woking then trying any way i could to get to Brighton via roads other than the M23!

Eastbourne is a nice ride or even down Clive's way, I went to Whitstable a couple of times last year, didn't realise Clive was so close, if i did i would have PM'd him!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers Diverse.

yep, I was thinking A24 to Worthing then across to Brighton rather than A23/M23.

1,501 Posts
If you want a mega ride i'd go down the A25 all the way down to Shaw's HD then down to Eastbourne. Along the coast to Brighton (that is a very nice ride as coast is on your left) then to Worthing....

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
The A25 is a great road, especially between Dorking and Guildford.
You can stop at Newland's corner for a coffee and then wander back a agian.

Dorking to Bury Hill is a nice one too.
You can then go on down to Littlehampton and partake in Fred's Fish n Chip shop :)

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
If the weather tomorrow is like it is now sunny/cloudy with no rain, I will probably be taking a meander down to my Gran's for about 1/2 hour, to drop off some stuff to my brother, and then on to Portsdown just above Portsmouth, for a coffee/burger.

I plan to avoid the A3 by going down through Haselmere etc.
Not sure what way I will come back up, but again will probably be the "scenic route".

If you fancy riding along, or anyone else, let me know and we can arrange to meet up - possibly Burger King/Halfords/B&Q/Hombase just off the A3 in Guildford.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Nick, why not come along to the West London harley Riders show this Saturday, looks like a few of us may be making the trip.

·
Registered
206 Posts
If you fancy a bit of a blast and a couple of days away, head this way, take the Wye Valley road from Chepstow up to Monmouth, then towards Abergavenny, Brecon Beacons ending up in Aberyswyth (?) via Devils Bridge.
Fantastic roads...it's the only thing that keeps me here in Wales !
Neil in Monmouthshire....born in Buckinghamshire.
Work every Saturday....bloody shop keepers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts