Votes: 61 74.4%
  • Not ride and be less of man but dry and safe

Votes: 21 25.6%
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Smokebomb King
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I can pretty much guess what the response is, here it goes. Headed down to Wildwood for the weekend and it's also bike weekend. Its about a 2.5 hour trip one way. Planning on coming home Sunday and there are talks of thunderstorms that may get severe. I dont really have adequate rain gear so Im debating whether or not I should take my car down. Oh, and if it makes any difference my hotel is pretty far from where all the bike week stuff is going down. What would you all do??

·
Another Ski season
2,631 Posts
Tough call, I would say ride, but if it gets really nasty, riding without good gear really sucks, and if there is gonna be lots of traffic possibly dangerous. Use your best judgement, and enjoy.

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
I'd say get good rain gear anyway...you just never know. And yeah, go for it! Ride! If your hotel is far away from the action like you say, it'll be easier to get a bike through traffic than it will a car.

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
i am the only one so far that said dont ride.. LOL

i hate riding in the rain

·
Smokebomb King
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
NightMare said:
I'd say get good rain gear anyway...you just never know. And yeah, go for it! Ride! If your hotel is far away from the action like you say, it'll be easier to get a bike through traffic than it will a car.
I definitely plan on getting good rain gear, but the odds of that happening tomorrow is 0%.

And Mike, easy for someone to talk who isn't even staying over night and lives close!!! Though you guys did ride through 65mph gale force winds the day of the bbq........

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Riding in the rain sucks...riding in a thunderstorm major sucks...lol

But of course I'm the guy that cries when I see a few sprinkles on my bike...:D

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
louballs said:
I definitely plan on getting good rain gear, but the odds of that happening tomorrow is 0%.

And Mike, easy for someone to talk who isn't even staying over night and lives close!!! Though you guys did ride through 65mph gale force winds the day of the bbq........

I live closer then you, but still over an hour away. I'm only going down on Saturday, but if I was staying till Sunday I would still have my bike. It is BIKE WEEK after all. :stilpoke:

You know I'm just bustin your chops. I know you'll have the GF with you, so I'm sure she will have some say in the decision.

·
Smokebomb King
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Vrod-Mike said:
You know I'm just bustin your chops. I know you'll have the GF with you, so I'm sure she will have some say in the decision.
I know your messin. Actually the girl is meeting me down there since she lives in PA so i'll be riding solo whether in the car or not. She did tell me not to ride though, which kind of makes me want to ride even more.

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
Vrod-Mike said:
That's it. Change the slogan in your avatar. :slap:
damnit.... ~~sniffle~~

now i am gonna go sit in the corner and cry while I cut myself

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
Vrod-Mike said:
That's it. Change the slogan in your avatar. :slap:
oh yeah... your post count looks less impressive every day..:deal:

·
F*@kTard
7,946 Posts
If its bike week, maybe some vendor will have discounted rain gear. Or you can just look for a group of bikes with guys around it with patches all over their backs, and try to sneak up and rummage through their saddlebags for some free gear! (You can always plan your escape with a famous smoke bomb)

·
Smokebomb King
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thumbsupracing said:
If its bike week, maybe some vendor will have discounted rain gear. Or you can just look for a group of bikes with guys around it with patches all over their backs, and try to sneak up and rummage through their saddlebags for some free gear! (You can always plan your escape with a famous smoke bomb)
well thought out. i do have some left over fireworks in my closet.....

·
Ms. Subtle
12,179 Posts
i would go and see if a frogg toggs vendor is gonna be there.. and if so. ride the bike pick up the toggs while you are there.. and there you are

·
Carbon Yeti
4,598 Posts
Light weight rain suit $99 at H-D. Wuss. You haven't ridden until you challenge a severe thunderstorm. Unless you have solid wheels, then take the cage. Solid wheels are for trains.

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
EDIT:.............. never mind... I need to read more before running my mouth.

·
Smokebomb King
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
DesertSpeed said:
Light weight rain suit $99 at H-D. Wuss. You haven't ridden until you challenge a severe thunderstorm. Unless you have solid wheels, then take the cage. Solid wheels are for trains.
Actually I rode 400 miles in the rain, sometimes severe, on the way to Missouri, with no gear, and it sucked major balls....

·
Smokebomb King
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Biker Bill said:
Take the trailer! It is yours. Use the thing! Thats why you bought it. Right? If you don't mind getting cold and wet then ride the bike.
Trailer? I don't have a trailer, i meant just drive down with no bike.

Edit: haha nice bill!

1 - 20 of 71 Posts