Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I took my bike in this evening to my local Harley Dealer to get my stem nut replaced because of the clunk. Last night I removed the PCIII, V-moded pipes, and put my top airbox cover on because I have an extended warranty and I'd rather them not void it. But anyway, the ride to the dealership which is only like 3 or 4 miles reminded me how crappier the bike runs in stock form. Not really sure why, but its very cold natured and it hesitates some through most of the lower rpm range. I only had my PCIII on for a few days, but the map I had made the bike so much more enjoyable to ride, and was ultra smooth! For anyone who does not have a tuner on their bike(Im sure few) I would highly recommend it. Thats all...

·
Banned
4,421 Posts
they are covering it under your extended warranty? a dealer near me said it falls under maintenance & my bike at the time was still under factory warranty...fukerz

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they are covering it under your extended warranty? a dealer near me said it falls under maintenance & my bike at the time was still under factory warranty...fukerz
as far as I know they are not covering it under my extended warranty. I dont know how they are covering it, but they better! I just bought the bike from this dealer and it had the problem since I bought it. So one way or another, they need to fix it for free!

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
When you take it in you have to take a copy of the technical service bulletin in. When I took mine in for the fix, they just tightened it and tried charging me as a maintenance item.

After I explained about the TSB and showed them, they removed the charge. Of course, the didn't have the part in so I needed to drop it off on another day for them to do it. PITA; so it took it in very dirty so they could also wash it.

·
Banned
4,421 Posts
i have an 08dxa, dealer told me mine does not call for the tsb but it still was clunking from when i bought it, of course they weasled their way out of it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts