Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Do It Movin...
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Checking Interest...

Lets get together take a ride, meet, and eat... In any order you like.

I'm thinking a Sat. or Sun. either the weekend of 4/24 or 5/8...

We can roll the Coast or do Niles Canyon, or What Ever... I'm Open...

Here are some more ideas

Lets see if we can get together and :ride: ...

Post or PM, with interest and ideas...

:kaz: :biker: :jeannie:

·
Do It Movin...
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We could all meet around Morgan Hill, and then go inland toward HWY 5, or head west to HWY 1 then north for a while then east to US101.

Any preferences, let me know, and I'll map out a few routes...

It looks like a second cold front is scheduled for mid week, we my want to plan for 5/8

Anyways Let Me Know...

·
Diesel Smoke Tester
862 Posts
Count me in (?)

I think I can join you if it's on 5/8. I'll be gone this weekend. Keep us posted
Thanks, redrazor :cheers:

·
Do It Movin...
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
5/8 is it then...
Remember 5/9 is Moms Day so get everything done before the weekend...

So what do you guys think, will it be inland or the coast, I'll post a few routes over the weekend.

Stay Safe!

·
Do It Movin...
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The Coast sounds good; I'll post a few routes, with rendezvous points, meets/eats, a few tasty runs.

Joe yo' friends is my friends, however the dogs stay at home!!

I haven't been active on V-Twin in a while, but feel free to post... If you decide to post, let me know; I'll work to get the basic route out a little faster...

Later...

·
Do It Movin...
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok here is my ruff idea of a good quick day ride.
I’ve got our major meet point in Saratoga. Based on our different locale we can coordinate getting to Saratoga, anyway check it out...

1) Head west on Big Basin to CA-9 through Castle Rock State Park
2) Connect CA-236 and make it through Big Basin Redwoods State Park http://www.pashnit.com/roads/cal/Highway236.htm
3) We can then take the Empire Grade road to Santa Cruz http://www.pashnit.com/roads/cal/EmpireGrade.htm
a. Or instead of dropping right into Santa Cruz we could pop down on Hwy 1, just south of Davenport by taking Pine Flat Road off of Empire Grade, if we take this route we’ll get a great costal run on Hwy 1 into Santa Cruz.
4) In Santa Cruz we can grab a bite/beer,
5) From here maybe head south on CA-1 towards Watsonville then east to Gilroy or Morgan Hill and then back north.

It’s not a long run, but it has some nice twisties and straights, plenty of beer stops, and of course great views...
Plus it's close enough to catch most everybody.

What do you think... please make ride/food/stop recommendations?

Attachments

·
Do It Movin...
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok it's a go...

This upcoming Saturday morning May 8th how about a little cruise through the spectacular Redwoods of Big Basin, a lunch at the famous Alice's Restaurant in Woodside, Ca and then a major Powwow at Stanford U.

If you would like to join us for a cool, fun, and relaxing ride, the jump off spot is Pete’s Coffee off Saratoga Ave in Saratoga/San Jose. I haven’t been there but I think that there is a parking lot.

We will be leaving at approximately 9:30am and will head west towards Big Basin. For those who need them, I will have some directions the day of the event.

The weather is sometimes beautifully clear and warm, mildly cloudy, and out right cold all within the space of a few hours, so be prepared...

However the forecast looks great, so we should all have a blast...

Oh Yeah... Please Post If You Can Make It....

·
Do It Movin...
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ihringert said:
Count me out..... Sorry. Have a great ride.
ihringert
Sorry you can't make it, maybe next time.
Let us know what's going on in your area.

Say Safe.

·
Do It Movin...
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey is 9:30 too early? It looks like it might be a little cool/over cast in the morning, do you guys want to start a little later. Say 10:30 or 11:00...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts