Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
~*~VDRNLN JUNKIE~*~
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would be a decent offer to make someone on a set of these used with apox 400 miles on them?

He wants $200 for them seems a bit high to me, but I've never seen what they go for used and they are $299 new.

I seek the greater knowledge of the forum on a matter once again :notworth: lol! :)

·
Banned
3,309 Posts
Do a search, there is a purchase code posted here somewhere that get's you $100 off. You get the valves and AMSoil, so it's a better deal than you're being offered.

Edit: The code is "hdforums". I don't know if it still works, but it's worth a try.

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
Curious why he did not like them.

I installed Progressive springs in the front end (kept stock length - no lowering) and wow, what a difference, quite a well spent $80. No fork dive and much smoother ride overall. I would like to know how much better or what difference the Ricor Intiminators make.

·
~*~VDRNLN JUNKIE~*~
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They weren't on a V-Rod just a Dyna with 49mm forks, said he traded bikes and took them out. I thought about offering a $125 for them. Just wasn't sure what they were going for used I know they are supposed work really well from what I read so far.

·
Premium Member
2,029 Posts
so offer him 125 and see what happens most that can happen is he turn down ur offer right

·
Grabbin' a Handfull
196 Posts
I would steer clear of these. There is a different shim stack tune for both the dyna and the V-Rod. Don't know the specs are, but there is a difference.

With the "hdforums" discount it comes to $257 before shipping, including 2 quarts of oil.

I have run heavier springs on previous bikes that I have owned and I find that I like the Intiminators better. The last bike I beefed up the springs on ended up with an unreasonable rebound rate which was worse compared to the brake dive before heavier springs.

·
Grabbin' a Handfull
196 Posts
I was looking at the Ricor website and they only list them by fork dia. for Harleys.
Look a little farther and when you get to the order page you will see there is a dyna or V-Rod tune.

·
Grabbin' a Handfull
196 Posts
No problem. If you get the Intiminators you would be happier with the right set.

·
Grabbin' a Handfull
196 Posts
No I have not. I have been thinking about asking Ricor if heavier springs would be a good combo with the Intiminator, on the DX. I know of quite a few Dual-Sport guys running both and for the most part they are pleased. I weigh about 265 ready to ride and I use just over 3.25" of travel on the front fork on any given ride.

I have a set of their shocks on the back and I have the sag dialed in and they ride really nice. Ricor helped to totally transform the ride of the DX to where I think it should be.

OT what is the travel on the DX fork? I find varying info on the web anywhere from 3" to 4".

·
~*~VDRNLN JUNKIE~*~
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Destro I talked to Brian at Ricor and he checked the Name of the guy with them, to check his records to see what his setup and valving was (though that was pretty neat) and he told me it would work with my weight and setup in my V-Rod. Guess I lucked out on that one now if he''ll just take my offer. :D

·
Grabbin' a Handfull
196 Posts
Destro I talked to Brian at Ricor and he checked the Name of the guy with them, to check his records to see what his setup and valving was (though that was pretty neat) and he told me it would work with my weight and setup in my V-Rod. Guess I lucked out on that one now if he''ll just take my offer. :D
Cool! I never even though about the records they have. My shocks came with tags attached with my name and all of the stats used for the build.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts