Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Not Dead Yet
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HooRah - Thanks Forum People! :plause: Because of your support and comments it is done, done, done - in record time, (a record for the longest time I'm sure :laugh: .) I've learned so much and gotten the confidence to do this stuff and never would have attempted this stuff - without the support this Forum provides.

I took it out for a short ride tonight and the tank and Aim clutch seem to be fine. I used one shim on the clutch since AIM states that, "There is no shim needed...for motors up to 85 lbs. of torque" and I dyno-ed out at 89 lbs. last year. So the feel is a little lighter, but I probably did not really need the shim - but I ain't going through removing the entire exhaust system again just to get at that!! My biggest enemy was my confined and unorganized space. Constantly looking for the right tool was the most infuriating, time wasting aspect of this whole operation.

But, now, I can take off a tire, a swing arm, replace my clutch, bleed my brakes, change my oil and go for loooooong rides without having to refuel.

Donation button hit - and though many of you are helpful, we all have to give kudos to Max for keeping all this together and running and offering such invaluable advice. :kiss:

·
Premium Member
5,720 Posts
Very well said and congratulations on the completion of your mods :notworth: :cheers:

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
Pretty cool ain't it? Congrats on your install!! Feels good doing the mods yourself dosen't it??:D

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Congratulations on the job, it really does give you a feeling of satisfaction to do it yourself IMHO. Again congratulations and thanks for the support.

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
Congrats Rabbi. Glad you got it done.

·
Bike is for sale!
5,075 Posts
:thumb: :thumb: :plause: :cheers:

·
Not Dead Yet
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
3OliveMartini said:
gotta love that clutch .. i didnt have to take off my exhaust.. hehehe
Did you have the stock system on your scoot?

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
bikerabbi said:
Did you have the stock system on your scoot?
She's got the 16ga system, but she had some "highly skilled" people working on her bike...right RJ & Pondo?

:cupcake

·
Premium Member
2,724 Posts
hey, all women cant be you nightmare!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts