Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
Wow. That's some major surgery you did there. Click this link and you'll see a different way to skin that cat.

I put one on my GF's D and just ground the bracket down little by little until it cleared the tank.

I thought about it a little more, and I think you could get away with less grinding if you went with a countersunk screw for that front bolt. One of these days I'll get off my lazy ASS and try it. ;)

These things are cast (very porously) and I don't think theyll bend that easily. They will however break. Keep an eye on it for fatigue. You could probably get another one of these easily enough, since Most D folks go with different exhaust, there are probably a ton of them out there for you to experiment with.

Best of luck.

RJ

·
Registered
26 Posts
I too, installed a 5 gallon "Ricks" tank on my 2006 nightrod. I had to cut the mount, eliminate the foot peg portion, but used the nremaining part to bolt my exhaust. When I installed my forward controls, I took off the highway pegs, modified them, drilled and countersunk the holes and installed them as passenger pegs in the swing arm. This has worked quite well. My wife likes the longer reach

Attachments

·
Registered
549 Posts
OMG 13 year old thread revival on a tank that hasn't been made or available for years.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts