Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Where did you get the fender you have on it it in these pics? Or is it something you custom made. Thanks.

Hey Folks,
I'm about to start the install of my Rick's fender and solo seat on my 08 DX and I'm wondering if anybody has any tips, tricks or helpful pictures before I get started? Maybe some pics of what you done with the ecm etc....
I installed arnotts and a rear render from exotic body parts last winter but I just can't get away from the look that the solo seat gives you so I'm going to dig into it again!

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve

Here are a couple of pics of my bike after last years mods, I have since added some joker machine front signals and fork covers but this is pretty much what it's like today.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Where did you get the fender you have on it it in these pics? Or is it something you custom made. Thanks.
That fender is a raw fiberglass piece I bought from EBay, wasn't in the best shape when I got it but I have a good friend who is a bodyman and painter so he fixed it up for me. I still have it sitting in my garage along with many other parts but I'm trying to decide if I should hang onto it just in case I ever want to go back to a 2 up??

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
So how creative have you gotten with all the brains that were under the seat? Not fun relocating all the wiring. I installed the cobra rear fender, replacing stock seat. Everything that used to be under stock seat no longer fits.... Had to put it in the empty space below inner fender.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Ya not fun at all trying to get all the wiring and ecm to fit! I cut a portion of the fender away to give me access to a space between the fiberglass fender and inner fender, this is where I have the ecm mounted with some velcro. I also poked some of the wiring in there too. The rest of it, along with the air distribution module for the arnotts is in the small area under my seat that I now have separated from the rear tire by the aluminum piece I made up. It's not the cleanest looking and I may look at tidying it up a bit next winter but it works for now!

·
Registered
336 Posts
I just ordered the same setup for mine do you have any more pics or tips for the install? Also could you post a pic of it lifted to a taller ride height? Just curious how it looks since i ride with my shocks extended most of the time..

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
29 Posts
All my stuff is crammed between the fiberglass fender and the metal fender support.. I had to trim the fender a little to make room..
Thanks Drums, Im thinking about getting one, but dreading the wiring. May have to hit you and Steve up for instructions. What tail light did you end up going with?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey Shobbs nice ride dude, what gauge cluster mod did you do to get it that nice blue color? Also, how did you get both the inverted mirrors and turn signals underneath the handle bar? Stock Bar?

21 - 40 of 47 Posts