Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
boo
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RH 2-1 w/ Quiet Baffle - Barking/Chirping Problem - RH owners please read

Had V-mod install their quiet baffle on my new RH 2-1. HD shop installed the pipe - the shop i go to is very competent/experienced with pipes and tuning. They also dyno tuned the bike, it's tuned just fine now.

But the pipe has a horrible bark/chirp when throttling up - it's virtually unrideable like this. it's not a small chirp once in a while, it's every twist of the throttle, and it's a very loud obnoxious hiccup.

the problem is the end cap, it seems. with the end cap off, it doesn't do this. they've tried packing the holes in the end cap (twice), as well as opening more holes in the end cap (as Steve at V-Mod suggested) - nothing is working. the service manager told me they have more time working on this pipe than it's worth. the quiet baffle can't just be taken out now, it's welded in.

I've emailed steve about it, but he hasn't gotten back to me yet. Any one else have any experience like this, or have any suggestions?

thanks

·
boo
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
actually, i'm not sure, i never saw it apart - it probably screws on or something

someone who has a RH will know

·
Ride safe!
680 Posts
actually, i'm not sure, i never saw it apart - it probably screws on or something

someone who has a RH will know
My thinking is if it's only doing it when it's on it must be vibrating or moving somehow creating the sound..........is there anyway it can possibly be put on with some silicone during assembly? Just a thought.

Sent you a PM

·
boo
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks, i responded. the shop thinks it's the holes in the end cap. not sure, haven't seen them, but seems plausible. they tried packing the holes twice now, and making more (which v-mod suggested already). i really just need Steve to get back to me, so i can get this sorted - thought maybe someone here might have had a similar experience though

1 - 10 of 10 Posts