Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
newb, need direction
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i will have to admit that i'm a big "dummy". i actually managed to install the HD race fueler, k&n air filter, and CFR pipe myself. i checked out all the old posts and thought i was doing good.i made some adjustments to the RF but I don't really know what i'm looking or listening for. i still have a pop on decel no mater which way i adjust the fuel. and "flat spots" what is meant by this??? so... if anyone has the same set-up i would really appreciate you dropping me a line. thanks a whole bunch folks, Rick

·
newb, need direction
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks all the same

DTHDOC said:
i appreciate the reply but those are for the cfr fueler, i have the HD race fueler. thanks anyway

·
Registered
34 Posts
can't you take it to the dealer. If they have a dyno they can set it up for you. That what i'm going to do.. If my exhaust gets here anytime soon. been waiting for 4 weeks now and just called yesterday. I'm told it's going to be a few more weeks. whatever that means. good luck let me know how it turns out. you have pic of the set up/

·
Gone
2,012 Posts
Check the plugs and your pipe for running lean. The RF has decent adjustability but it is a bit of a pain to get them right with out a dyno. Take it to a dealer with a dyno. It should only run you $300 max to get it right.

·
THE DORK-ROD
344 Posts
Hey 520r did you get it figured out? I dont have your exact setup but I have messed around with that fueler a bit and might able to help..

A flat spot is when the bike doesn't pull as hard at a certain rpm. Look for it at around 3000 rpm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts